Q. What is microcytic hyperchromic moderate anisopoikilocytosis?

Dr. Pawar Satyajit Jalinder

My daughter is 18 years old. She is diagnosed with microcytic hyperchromic moderate anisopoikilocytosis. Please tell me, what it means and what is the condition.

#

What you have described above is a description of red blood cells seen on a peripheral smear. This means red blood cells are smaller than normal with less hemoglobin in them and there are variations in their size rather than them being uniform. A complete blood count and good peripheral smear can help in this. This picture is usually due to iron deficiency anemia which is common in the young adult group. And it is often gets reversed with iron supplements.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|