Q. I am uncomfortable due to excessive gas, burping, bloating and acidity. Please help.

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abdelrahman Abouibrahim
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 24, 2019

I am a 26 year old male. I am suffering from stomach problems like gas (excess condition every time), burping, bloating and pain in the chest (sometimes due to acidity). I always feel uncomfortable because of gas problem. I feel like my stomach is full every time. Please help.

#

I understand your concerns. Most probably, you have irritable bowel syndrome, which is a syndrome of nervous bowels characterized by colicky bowels that may cause constipation or diarrhea. It does not wake you up in the middle of the night. Also, it worsens in times of exams or stress or after meals. It is relieved after motions.

I suggest:

1. Librax tablet (Chlordiazepoxide and Clidinium) every 12 hours.
  2. Colofac IBS tablet (Mebeverine) every 12 hours.
  3. Imodium tablet (Loperamide) after each motion if diarrhea.
  4. Movicol (Macrogol) three times a day if constipating or hard stools.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|