Q. I feel itchy around my mouth during monsoon season. Please help.

Dr. Nazma Parveen
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 22, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 24, 2019

I live at high altitude 7000’ with mostly dry climate except during the monsoon, before this monsoon kicked I felt itching around and near my lips and mouth and later that day the skin darkened. Please advice.

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I have read through your query and here is my opinion. Itching and darkening of the skin around the mouth can be due to varied reasons like allergies, dermatitis, extremely dry, and cold weather. In your case, it is likely the last reason. I would advise you to use a good moisturizer, preferably containing hyaluronic acid. Natural remedies like pure Aloevera gel or coconut oil will also help. If this does not work, it is advisable to get yourself examined by a dermatologist. If you have any further queries, please feel free to ask.

| 

Atopic Dermatitis - a Chronic Relapsing Skin Disease

Article Overview: Atopic dermatitis is a chronic disease, which usually manifests for the first time in infancy or childhood. But, it usually improves with age. Read Article

Atopic dermatitis is an endogenous eczema (eczema due to internal causes) characterized by extreme itchiness and recurrent symmetric eczematous dermatitis. The involvement of a site depends on the age of the patients. This chronic eczema is one of the atopic conditions and together with asthma and h...  Read Article

Seborrheic Dermatitis - the Most Common Scalp Condition

Article Overview: This article discusses the clinical presentation, diagnosis and management of seborrheic dermatitis in both infants and adults. Read Article

Seborrheic dermatitis is a papulosquamous disorder with an inflammatory component. It is characterized by well-defined erythema and accompanied by overlying greasy scales. Seborrheic dermatitis will be seen over areas rich in sebum namely scalp, eyebrows, center of the face, eyelids, around and in t...  Read Article

I have itching and hot feeling in between my thigh and vagina. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a strong itching and hot feeling in the space between my left thigh and vagina. What could be causing this? I am really not able to tell if there is a color change.  Read Full »