Q. I feel itchy around my mouth during monsoon season. Please help.

Dr. Nazma Parveen
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 22, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 24, 2019

I live at high altitude 7000’ with mostly dry climate except during the monsoon, before this monsoon kicked I felt itching around and near my lips and mouth and later that day the skin darkened. Please advice.

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I have read through your query and here is my opinion. Itching and darkening of the skin around the mouth can be due to varied reasons like allergies, dermatitis, extremely dry, and cold weather. In your case, it is likely the last reason. I would advise you to use a good moisturizer, preferably containing hyaluronic acid. Natural remedies like pure Aloevera gel or coconut oil will also help. If this does not work, it is advisable to get yourself examined by a dermatologist. If you have any further queries, please feel free to ask.

Seborrheic Dermatitis - the Most Common Scalp Condition

Article Overview: This article discusses the clinical presentation, diagnosis and management of seborrheic dermatitis in both infants and adults. Read Article

Seborrheic dermatitis is a papulosquamous disorder with an inflammatory component. It is characterized by well-defined erythema and accompanied by overlying greasy scales. Seborrheic dermatitis will be seen over areas rich in sebum namely scalp, eyebrows, center of the face, eyelids, around and in t...  Read Article

Is it safe to take Levocetirizine daily?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from allergy. I used to have runny nose, cough, difficulty in breathing when allergy increases and also occasional watery itchy eyes. I am not able to eat curd, citrus fruits and I cannot live in cold weather. Usually the allergy will start with sneezing, runny nose and the...  Read Full >>

Dr. Neeru Bharadwaj
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have seasonal allergies may be due to dust, pollens, pets, etc. So, the best solution is to first find out the cause of allergy and to take preventive measures. Cetirizine can be taken but only for short durations. Gradually stop Cetirizine. You can...  Read Full

I have itching and hot feeling in between my thigh and vagina. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a strong itching and hot feeling in the space between my left thigh and vagina. What could be causing this? I am really not able to tell if there is a color change.  Read Full >>

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Intense itching as you describe mostly indicates a fungal infection. It is possible that you might be working in a hot environment or maybe sweating too much there along with wearing tight clothes. That prevents aeration of the area and promotes fungal growth. Try using...  Read Full