Q. What causes itching and hot feeling in between thigh and vagina?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta
Published on Jan 23, 2019

I have a strong itching and hot feeling in the space between my left thigh and vagina. What could be causing this? I am really not able to tell if there is a color change.

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Intense itching as you describe mostly indicates a fungal infection. It is possible that you might be working in a hot environment or maybe sweating too much there along with wearing tight clothes. That prevents aeration of the area and promotes fungal growth. Try using antifungal or Cotrimoxazole ointments on the area to get relief. Hope you get well soon.

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »

I have itching on my foreskin. Will it recur frequently?

Query: Hello doctor,I have itching on my foreskin. I observed creamy deposit behind the foreskin reappearing every day despite washing my penis by pulling foreskin. I feel very itchy on the penis when I pull back the foreskin for washing. Now I am using Cetaphil. This problem has occurred three times in la...  Read Full »

General Measures Against Fungal Infection and Use of Antifungal Agents

Article Overview: This article discusses about the commonly used antifungal agents and general measures to prevent dermatophytosis (ringworm or tinea), which is very common during summer. Read Article

Antifungal agents are usually applied for two to three weeks twice daily. Over application can irritate sensitive and damaged skin. The following are the different antifungal agents that are used for various fungal infections. Imidazoles, which include Miconazole 2%, Clotrimazole 1...  Read Article