Itchy Eyes

I have itchy and dry eyes with eye pain. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having itchy and dry eyes for the past one week and recently experiencing some eye pain also for the past two days. My eyes are getting tired fast, and I cannot look at a laptop screen for long periods, there is a constant irritation near both the eye corners. But the itching occ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you are suffering from is computer vision syndrome. Modify your computer working habits work in a well lit room always even if using laptop try to work on a table nd chair and chair should be good, ergonomic supporting your spine, main light should come from behin...  Read Full »

Why do I feel occasional vision loss?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes hurt for about a week now. I feel like resting for a long period of time. They are itchy and dry. There is a foreign object sensation. Sometimes, I feel like I am losing my vision or it is getting weaker. Sometimes I do the 20-20-20 rule. Lately, I have been spending a lot of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must get your BP, and blood sugar levels done. Monitor if normal or abnormal and consult a physician. Also, get 2D echo done as soon as possible and seek a cardiologist opinion. The condition that you lost vision suddenly for some time is known as amaurosis fugax...  Read Full »

Will Prednisolone with antihistamines help in morning colds, pruritic rashes and nasal congestion?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to consult for my disturbing allergic flares. I am a 33-year-old female. I am not known hypertensive, diabetic, or asthmatic. Within these three months I have history of morning colds, nasal congestion, pruritic rashes, and eye itchiness. I have no fever, no cough, shortn...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding the treatment, I suggest you continue the medicines as they are. I would like to know how much of Prednisolone did you start with? Nextly, you must start on intranasal steroids to help relieve the nasal symptoms. Use Fluticasone furoate twice daily two puf...  Read Full »

Is my throat swollen due to pine tree pollen?

Query: Hello doctor, The symptoms I have are bad cold or strep throat, itchy eyes and throat but no cough. I do not have tonsils, but seems like there is a whitish puffiness on one side of my throat. It started five days ago and it has been getting mildly worse since then. I have been loading up on f...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have told that the symptoms started only after exposure to pine pollens, it is most likely that you are suffering from allergic rhinitis (seasonal). It usually presents with the typical symptoms as in your case. The best way is to prevent the exposure and stay a...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for itchy throat, nose and eyes with breathing difficulty?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an allergic itchy nose and throat and sneezing all the time, itchy eyes and coughing with a different sound. And also sometimes I have difficulties with breathing and I keep having itching throat. I went to the doctors they always give me medication that does not stop the alle...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nasal congestion, running nose, itching of the nose, watering of eyes, sneezing, etc are classic symptoms of allergic rhinitis. Added to this breathing trouble, wheezing, mucus production in lower airways are signs of asthma which signifies allergies of deeper air t...  Read Full »

Why do I get sneezing with itchy eyes and runny nose in the morning?

Query: Hello doctor, I have horror mornings. After I open my eyes and I get out the bed (only after I stand up) I start sneezing maybe 20 times. I have itchy eyes and years and runny. I feel like I have sand in my eyes. I have done prick tests for allergies and all come back negative. I also have done nas...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Allergic rhinitis is a perrinial manifestation of allergic reactions to unknown triggers. Also you may have coexisting allergic conjunctivitis. Though, Prick test is negative for most of the allergens, we can not neglect the role of unknown allergies in your case. S...  Read Full »

Why is there redness and itching in the eyes even after using eye drops?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently I got an itchy eye while on my iPad it itched a lot, and I got some allergic eye drops in my eyes. I used it for a few days and noticed my eyes were very red, sore, itchy, gritty, and sticky. My vision got blurred in my left eye, and this is where the itch started first. Con...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are probably suffering from conjunctivitis, which is not related to your iPad usage. It will take a week or so for the episode to settle down, and some blurring and stickiness may persist till then. Do not worry. Use copious lubricating eye drops like Refresh T...  Read Full »

I have eye redness and itchiness from several days. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have eye redness and itchiness for several days. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Is there any pus stained discharge, especially in the morning on waking up? 2. Is your vision normal? 3. How much is the pain? 4. Start Moxifloxacin eye drop six times a day for seven days. 5. FML (Fluorometholone) eye drops three times a day for seven days. ...  Read Full »

What to do for itchy and crumbled eyelids?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel itchy and a cut sensation in the corner of the eye and top of the eye lid. My eye lid looks crumbled in the morning. There is also some cut lines on the upper part of the nose and top of eye lid. I am suffering with this over last two days. But, I do not have any vision problem. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like traumatic skin abrasions most likely nails, which do happen unknowingly when you are asleep. Just apply antibiotic ointment and clean with Dettol to prevent secondary infectio...  Read Full »

Are bacterial conjunctivitis and blepharitis related?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with blepharitis. I also have seborrhoeic dermatitis (perhaps rosacea as well), and my condition has improved greatly. Recently, I got very bad allergy symptoms, my eyes and nose became extremely itchy, causing me to sneeze a lot. This morning when I woke up, I had trou...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is nothing but common bacterial conjunctivitis. Since you have blepharitis, you are more likely to get conjunctivitis. Also, blepharitis, in turn, is related to seborrh...  Read Full »