Itchy Eyes

Why is there redness and itching in the eyes even after using eye drops?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently I got an itchy eye while on my iPad it itched a lot, and I got some allergic eye drops in my eyes. I used it for a few days and noticed my eyes were very red, sore, itchy, gritty, and sticky. My vision got blurred in my left eye, and this is where the itch started first. Con...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are probably suffering from conjunctivitis, which is not related to your iPad usage. It will take a week or so for the episode to settle down, and some blurring and stickiness may persist till then. Do not worry. Use copious lubricating eye drops like Refresh T...  Read Full »

I have eye redness and itchiness from several days. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have eye redness and itchiness for several days. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Is there any pus stained discharge, especially in the morning on waking up? 2. Is your vision normal? 3. How much is the pain? 4. Start Moxifloxacin eye drop six times a day for seven days. 5. FML (Fluorometholone) eye drops three times a day for seven days. ...  Read Full »

What to do for itchy and crumbled eyelids?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel itchy and a cut sensation in the corner of the eye and top of the eye lid. My eye lid looks crumbled in the morning. There is also some cut lines on the upper part of the nose and top of eye lid. I am suffering with this over last two days. But, I do not have any vision problem. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like traumatic skin abrasions most likely nails, which do happen unknowingly when you are asleep. Just apply antibiotic ointment and clean with Dettol to prevent secondary infectio...  Read Full »

Are bacterial conjunctivitis and blepharitis related?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with blepharitis. I also have seborrhoeic dermatitis (perhaps rosacea as well), and my condition has improved greatly. Recently, I got very bad allergy symptoms, my eyes and nose became extremely itchy, causing me to sneeze a lot. This morning when I woke up, I had trou...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is nothing but common bacterial conjunctivitis. Since you have blepharitis, you are more likely to get conjunctivitis. Also, blepharitis, in turn, is related to seborrh...  Read Full »

Glaucoma causing heaviness and itching in eyes. Please guide me.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male suffering from glaucoma since the last two years. I have heaviness and itching in my eyes. Please guide me on what to do.  Read Full »

Dr. N. Sathian

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need a few answers from you, before deciding on the reasons for heaviness or itching. Can you please give the details for the following questions? Are you on anti-glaucoma medication? If so, can you name them? When was the last eye examination done, what was the ...  Read Full »

Why do my eyes itch?

Query: Hello doctor, My vision gets blurry, especially when I look at green lights at night. I wake up with a blurry vision every day. And at times, my eyes pain and itch. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blurring of vision at night and morning may be because of refractive error. This requires evaluation by an ophthalmologist. The itching in the eye can be due to allergic conjunctivitis. I suggest you try using anti-allergic eye drops.  Read Full »

While looking an object, my eyes keep watering and itching. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have itchy and watery eyes. I cannot look at an object for a long time as tears come out from my eyes. I always blink and stay calm. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from a condition called a dry eye. I advise you follow these precautions. Reduce the screen time which in turn increases the blink frequency. It gives you some relief. If still, it persists, you can use artificial tear supplements which are preservativ...  Read Full »

I have ear pain, head pain, clogged nose and itchy throat. How to manage it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have episodes of bad sinuses every year. Last year, I had hay fever with an extreme blocked nose. I went to my GP, and he gave me sinus injection. I got better after treating it. The doctor prescribed Allerway 5, and Spersallerg eye drops for me. This year, my condition seems to be poo...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from an acute attack of bacterial infection along with allergic rhinitis. You can take the following medications. Use Avamyse nasal spray (Fluticasone furoate nasal spray) once daily for a month. Take Claritin (Loratadine) tablet once daily during the ...  Read Full »

My eyes becomes red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My eyes become red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. They remain fine when I am in the city where I work. But as soon as I visit my hometown, they become red in a day or two. I have the problem for about two to three years. There are no pollens present here, and the climate is the...  Read Full »

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from seasonal allergic conjunctivitis. Although you do not have pollens or any visible allergens in your area, your eye is already sensitized previously. Allergic conjunctivitis can trigger spontaneously. Reduce the sensitivity of the eye to such aller...  Read Full »

What is causing eye itchiness and blurry vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have a problem with my cornea. I had itchy eyes (due to hay fever) last week. During that time, I had a gritty feeling in my right eye which made me rub my eyes. It got really sore and small thread-like materials are coming out of my eye. I am scared if it is part of my corn...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Evaluation of your history indicates that you are having allergic conjunctivitis with probable involvement of cornea resulting in keratoconjunctivitis. The thread-like material coming out of the eyes indicate ropy discharge which is typically seen in allergic conjunc...  Read Full »