Q. What can be the reason for blurry image, itchy eyes and headache?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 29, 2020

I have been having lots of trouble with my eyes lately. Reading glasses are not helping me. Everything has begun to get blurred. I have noticed that I have been rubbing my eyes a lot and I have been getting headaches. Please help.

#

• Actually, there are many causes of decreased vision and itching for which you need to rub your eyes.
  • Please answer a few questions. Since how long you are using glasses? When you had your last refraction?
  • Do you have any eye allergy, itching, watering or redness that get worse in specific season? Is this problem persist all day or it is more in the morning or evening?
  • Have you got an eye examination or using any drops currently?
  • So, from the complaints you described there may be just a change in refraction.
  • If your refraction (glass number) is changing again and again, then you might need to get a full eye examination and a few investigations.
  • In cases with repeated change in refraction quickly, there are chances of a condition called keratoconus in which shape of the cornea becomes conical and gets thin.
  • At your age, the cause of excessive rubbing may be allergic conjunctivitis called vernal keratoconjunctivitis (conjunctivitis due to some seasonal allergy).
  • Keratoconus is more common in people who have vernal keratoconjunctivitis. Other causes may some congenital corneal dystrophy in which superficial corneal layers are peeled off with mild rubbing and cause blurred vision.
  • So, I would advise you to get a complete eye examination and your eye doctor can order some investigations like corneal topography if needed. Then, further management will depend on the eye examination.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|