Q. How can my blurred vision be treated?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Published on Dec 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have been having blurry vision ever since my sore eyes have been going away. It started a week ago when I was diagnosed with sore eyes. My physician told me to use Terramycin four to five times a day and on the sixth day, the swelling in my eyes got better. But once my eye was in a "usable" state, I could open it fully with no pain or itching. I noticed a sudden change in my vision. It is now blurred. I just got my new pair of glasses three weeks ago so I am surprised why my vision got worse immediately. Is this a temporary aftereffect of the sore eyes or am I facing an eye infection which involves permanently reducing vision?

The symptoms I have been experiencing last week were as follows: Itchy eyes, swelling eyelids, I cannot open my eyes to its full extent, frequent pain in the eye, sometimes tear droplets rushing down my face, and when I wake up in the morning, it is like the liquid hardens and sticky things prevent my eye from opening but not that hard. Now, all the symptoms have gone except the sudden blurry vision. Please help.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

This blurred vision could be due to viral keratoconjunctivitis which means there is a possibility of involvement of cornea leading to blurred vision.

Treatment usually includes soft steroid eyedrop like fluorometholone in slow tapering doses.

It is a provisional diagnosis.

Kindly consult an ophthalmologist and get proper eye examination done.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

I have watery eyes, eyelid swelling and redness. Why is it so?

Query: Hi doctor, When I wake up in the morning, I have watery eyes, eyelid swelling and redness. The symptoms get clear in some half an hour to a maximum of 2 hours and then it remains fine the entire day. Please help with this.  Read Full »