Q. I had three failed IUIs. Will I benefit from IVF?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

I am 27 years old. I went through three IUIs, but all of them failed. All my hormonal test such as FSH, LH, TSH, and sugar are normal. Even the ultrasound is normal. My AMH is 1.14. Six months back, during my follicle study, I used to have five to six follicles SGFS on day-2. But, from the last two cycles, I have two to three follicles on each side. The doctor has suggested IVF. Is my AMH level too low? Will IVF benefit me?

#

I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your AMH (antimullerian hormone) level is not low rather it is low-normal. Since the FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) is normal it does not matter much.
  • What is the husband's semen analysis report? IVF (in-vitro fertilization) has a similar chance as IUI (intrauterine insemination) if the tubes and semen reports are good. Age is in your favor.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Yes, I have done prolactin test and HSG tubal test. Both are normal. Husband's semen analysis was also normal. Even during IUIs the motility count was good for him. I am yet to do serum testosterone. I was told that around eight to ten follicles is a good number, but I have two to three on each side which is quite low according to my doctor.

#

You should do testosterone levels.

• Two to three on either side, with a total of five to six, is fine while going for IUI. For IVF, you may need more follicles. These days, even one to two good follicles are considered sufficient and some centers abroad are doing natural cycle IVF with one to two follicles.

|