Ivf Failure

Can previous IVF treatment cause change in menstrual cycle?

Query: Hello doctor, I did an IVF treatment just after I turned 41, to preserve my fertility (I am not diagnosed infertile). My first period was on seven days after the retrieval. The IVF failed, so I decided to try on my own with my husband for a couple of months. I did ovulation tracking, last month sta...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, it can be delayed by one week approximately due to hormone fluctuations and sometimes more, but as you mentioned, you tried to conceive between your ovulation days, but then you did the test, and they were negative. So, in such a case, when urine pregnancy ...  Read Full »

Is it wise to repeat IVF procedure with poor ovarian reserve?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband and I recently underwent an IVF cycle and it failed. Originally, my husband has a problem with 1% morphology. But, now I a have poor ovarian reserve. I am 39 years old and my AMH was .24. However, my FSH was 5.5 last time. AMH was not repeated. I was stimulated with the...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at your case history, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it would better to go for donor eggs. Ovarian reserve decreases with age and retesting for AMH (anti-mullerian) is not going to affect the outcome (increase ovarian reserve), so no point in r...  Read Full »

Two embryos were transformed and no sac was ever found. What could be wrong?

Query: Hello doctor, After a year of attempting to become pregnant through natural means, my wife and I just went through our first use of assisted reproductive technology. We had an IVF/ICSI. Six eggs were produced, my fresh semen sample was used, three eggs became embryos, two embryos were transferred...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following are answers to your queries, 1. The process you experienced is likely biochemical pregnancy. It mostly happens when embryos do not have the potential to grow and give healthy live birth as outcome. The cause of many such losses is unknown, but most likely l...  Read Full »

Please explain whether the quality of embryo used for IVF is good or not.

Query: Hello doctor, I had a failed IVF cycle. None of my embryos made it to day 6. On day 5, one embryo was transfered. I am not getting proper answers from my clinic regarding the quality and growth of embryo that was transfered. Is the quality of the embryo good? Is this how it is supposed to look on d...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a poor embryo with irregular cell walls and nuclei (attachment removed to protecct patient identity). It is unlikely that it would reach towards a successful pregnancy however if it has been implanted then just follow up with scans.  Read Full »

What is the Siddha treatment for adenomyosis?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife is suffering from endometriosis and adenomyosis. We had four failed IVF cycles, and the doctor is saying it is due to adenomyosis. Please let me know the Siddha treatment for this.  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No one understands the difficulties of endometriosis expect the sufferer. I may request you to strictly go for IVF (in-vitro fertilization) as the uterus has adenomyosis and fibroids. Considering your age, IVF protocol with an experienced doctor may give the baby, th...  Read Full »

What is Lonopin injection used for?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 3 months 3 days pregnant through IVF. Currently, she was prescribed to have the medication, which I have attached for your reference. Even after 3 months, they are forcing her to take Lonopin injection, which is very irritating, painful and give side effects like nausea. We ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If she has a history of recurrent miscarriages or recurrent fetal deaths or repeated IVF failures, then Lonopin seems essential till at least 5 months. If not, then still I would say it is a prophylaxis to help avoid problems of miscarriage due to unknown immunological fa...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to take PRP injection after IVF failure?

Query: Hello doctor, I had done first IVF last year, but it failed due to a bad quality egg. Embryos were not developed after two days. AMH level is 1.52, and the egg count was low. On consulting another doctor, she suggested to go with PRP injection to rejuvenate the ovary, so that egg count and quality ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have been wrongly guided by your doctor because there is no apparent need for PRP (platelet rich plasma) therapy and injection into ovaries to rejuvenate the ovaries to produce better quality eggs. The therapy modality is relatively new and not sufficient studies...  Read Full »

Why am I having recurrent IVF failures?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had three IVF failures. Latest failure -four embryos transferred, two -day 3, two -day 5 (blastocyst with array), negative beta hCG. I want to know the reason for the failure.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry that you had an IVF failure. The causes can be many, right from immature poor quality egg fertilization, inadequate endometrialization, inadequate post embryo transfer medical support, previous endometriosis or any subsistent pelvic or vaginal infection or...  Read Full »

Fourth ultrasound after IVF has no signs of fetal pole.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about my pregnancy and my IVF transfer. I had an ultrasound five days back with my IVF doctor. They are calculating my pregnancy at seven weeks. I had a five-day embryo transfer last month and found out that I am pregnant. However, after my fourth ultrasound yesterday...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems it was anembryonic pregnancy means the sac was formed but without a fetal pole. Sac is not growing inside to have a fetal pole and gradually towards further stages of pregnancy even after hormonal support. It is a bit depressing but if you want to wait for some...  Read Full »

What can be done for canceled IVF due to empty egg syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 40 years old. I have no medical history except TSH a bit high around 7, on Thyronorm 25 mcg. My AMH is 0.7, hormones are all normal, HSG test shows patent tubes and husband sperm normal except little high liquefaction time around 335 minutes. Got IVF cycle agonist technique done b...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your AMH (anti-mullerian hormone) levels are very low indicating poor ovarian reserve and a TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) of 7 at 25 mcg Thyroxine is still high. It should be less than 4 ideally to support folliculogenesis and ovulation. As IVF (in-vitro fertili...  Read Full »