Q. IVF got canceled due to empty egg syndrome. What should I do?

Published on Dec 29, 2018

I am 40 years old. I have no medical history except TSH a bit high around 7, on Thyronorm 25 mcg. My AMH is 0.7, hormones are all normal, HSG test shows patent tubes and husband sperm normal except little high liquefaction time around 335 minutes. Got IVF cycle agonist technique done but could not retrieve any eggs. IVF cycle got canceled due to empty egg syndrome. Now, what should I do?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Your AMH (anti-mullerian hormone) levels are very low indicating poor ovarian reserve and a TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) of 7 at 25 mcg Thyroxine is still high. It should be less than 4 ideally to support folliculogenesis and ovulation.

As IVF (in-vitro fertilization) could not yield any eggs with agonist cycle, it is suggested that you can be placed on DHEAS (Dehydroepiandrosterone) 75 mg tablet daily for 48 days along with low dose oral contraceptive pill for two cycles and then should repeat your AMH to see if it improves and ovarian reserve is improved and then you can opt for another IVF cycle post that. Discuss with your IVF specialist and take an informed decision.

What Clomid dose is recommended for a 42-year-old with AMH of 0.35?

Query: Hello doctor,I would like to know what dose of Clomifene citrate (Clomid) would you recommend for a 42-year-old with an AMH of 0.35?  Read Full >>

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest apart from FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and AMH (anti-Mullerian hormone) you do blood tests TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) and prolactin. Clomifene is started at 50 mg daily for five days. If ovulation does not occur then the dose can be increased...  Read Full

What is Lonopin injection used for?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 3 months 3 days pregnant through IVF. Currently, she was prescribed to have the medication, which I have attached for your reference. Even after 3 months, they are forcing her to take Lonopin injection, which is very irritating, painful and give side effects like nausea. We ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If she has a history of recurrent miscarriages or recurrent fetal deaths or repeated IVF failures, then Lonopin seems essential till at least 5 months. If not, then still I would say it is a prophylaxis to help avoid problems of miscarriage due to unknown immunological fa...  Read Full

Preimplantation Genetic diagnosis

Article Overview: Preimplantation genetic diagnosis helps couples have their embryos tested for any genetic abnormality before implantation. It is one of the newly developed techniques to avoid IVF failure.  Read Article

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe
Infertility Specialist

Preimplantation genetic screening (PGS) involves the assessment of the chromosomal composition of embryos and evaluating for numerical chromosomal abnormalities with a view to selecting normal embryos for transfer. PGS should be differentiated from preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD). PGD allows...  Read Article

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now