Jaundice

I had unprotected sex before three years. Will I suffer from any sexual infection in future?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected anal sex with the neighbor lady before three years, and after a week I got jaundice, and it suffered around one month, and I got treatment with some ayurvedic medicines and got relief. Then around three months later I tested for hepatitis B and C both, but the resul...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello doctor, A negative test for hepatitis B and C, three months after that unprotected anal sex rules these out as a cause for your hepatitis. Perhaps it was another cause for hepatitis, may be hepatitis A which is transmitted through contaminated food rather than by sex. Hepatitis B and C are tr...  Read Full »

I have gallbladder mass and jaundice. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have gallbladder mass and jaundice. Please help.   Read Full »

Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the above reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Before going further, I would like to know a few details, 1. What is the general condition of the patient? 2. Any other illness like diabetes, hypertension, and, kidney problem...  Read Full »

I am suffering from jaundice for last one month. Can I go to work based on my reports?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from jaundice for last one month. My current bilirubin is 3.1, SGPT 72.4, SGOT 45.8. Can I join the office after four days of bed rest?  Read Full »

Dr. Sathish R

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To answer your question specifically, it is not advisable to go back to work. I have seen your LFT blood reports which are not elevated too high (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to know if you had done any other blood test, urine test or...  Read Full »

How to differentiate typhoid and jaundice from other fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from jaundice and typhoid. I have vomiting, high fever, rashes, drowsiness, and stomach pain. Whenever I consult the doctor, he gives me medicines. I do not understand, and I am confused whether he gives tablets for jaundice and typhoid or whether he provides tablets for cough, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, jaundice is a symptom, and typhoid fever is a diagnosis. Jaundice is a state in the human body in which there is an increase in bilirubin (produced in the liver) level causing yellowish discoloration of sclera and skin. I am not sure whether you have typho...  Read Full »

When will serum bilirubin and yellowness reduce after obstructive jaundice?

Query: Hello doctor, Obstructive jaundice has been detected. ERCP was done. Serum bilirubin still very high. MRCP report says everything is alright but neither serum bilirubin nor yellowness has got less.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. In obstructive jaundice, there is an accumulation of conjugated bilirubin in the body due to obstruction at different levels in the hepatobiliary system which causes yellowish discolorat...  Read Full »

Medicine and diet plan for high bilirubin levels

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 34-year-old male. I am suffering from jaundice. Last week my eyes have turned slightly yellowish and after that, I had my blood test and hepatitis test. Tests show positive, bilirubin levels are 10 mg/dl. Can you suggest me medicine and diet plan?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have possibly hepatitis which needs to be checked for the type of hepatitis. So viral serology needs to be done. Regarding diet, you have to take vegetables, fresh fruits, and avoid oily and fatty stuff. Most of the hepatitis is self-rem...  Read Full »

How to treat yellow color skin pigmentation caused by eating excess fennel seeds?

Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago, I ate lots of fennel seed. Due to which my skin becomes yellow and show extreme pigmentation of yellow color in sunlight.Please suggest me the treatment. Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. As you have mentioned that you ate a lot of fennel seeds a few months ago, then if it had any side effects, it should be at that time not after so many months. The yellow colored pigmentation you are currently talking about may be due low hem...  Read Full »

How do I confirm jaundice?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male. I did my medical test two days before. My liver function test reports are not good. Do I have jaundice? But I do not feel any symptoms. Do I need any further tests?  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, you do have jaundice. But the level of jaundice is mild. It can occur due to any viral infection. There are two options:- Wait for 6 weeks and repeat LFT or straight away get further testi...  Read Full »

Can breastfeeding cause jaundice?

Query: Hi doctor, Our baby is 16 days old and is suffering from jaundice. Both mom and son have same B positive blood group. TSH level is normal and vitamin D oral drop is given. I have attached the bilirubin test report for your reference. Does breastfeeding affect jaundice in any way? Please advise us. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports that you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is day 16 of the baby. Bilirubin levels have increased to 15 and it is mainly indirect bilirubinemia. Thyroid-stimulating hormone levels are normal, so hypothyroidism is ...  Read Full »

Why does my brother get jaundice every year during summer?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother has jaundice, and it is occurring every year during summer. He feels very low and lazy, and his body becomes yellow. He is experiencing weakness and swelling on face and across his ankle. He also has a fever. We do not know why he gets sick every year. In addition to that, h...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and the investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you have posted. He has the following problems: Low platelet count of 40,000. Iron-deficiency anemia. Hepatospleenomegaly. Raised serum bilirubin and mild elevation of...  Read Full »