Q. Is jerky septum a normal finding on the echocardiogram?

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 50 years old. My echo is normal with LVEF of 50% and dobutamine stress test negative for ischemia (LVEF of 58%). But, it shows a jerky septum? Is jerky septum a normal finding?

#

There are a few causes of jerky septum like bundle branch block, increased pressure in the right side of the heart, and disease in the pericardium.

As your echo is normal, because of increased pressure on the right side of the heart, disease in pericardium is less likely.

As you have not provided ECG (echocardiogram), I am unable to comment on bundle branch block.

Still, a jerky septum in isolation is less likely to be pathological.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

| 

My EKG reports did not show CPVT. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I understand that a resting EKG cannot show catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia (CPVT). I had numerous EKGs and echoes and all were normal. I read that the stress test is the only way to diagnose CPVT. I have had major panic attacks during EKGs with heart rates up to 140...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»