Jock Itch

What is the best way to treat jock itch?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an itchy red patch jock itch on my inner thighs for the past four weeks. I have tried using Cloben G, Candid B, Betnovate prescribed by my family doctor on the affected area. Unfortunately, the results are that it has grown and turned out more red. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shama Naaz

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Jock itch is caused due to fungal infection also called tinea cruris. First of all, I would advise you to stop using all these mentioned creams because they contain a steroid, and it will cause more severe and resistant skin infections that would be difficult to treat....  Read Full »

What could cause severe itching between the inner thighs and the testicles?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a severe itchy testicular area and the area between my inner thigh and testicle. It is painful and sometimes itching. I have seen no lesion except the one that seems lighter in color and like a dry 1 cm in diameter. I used some antifungal cream and Cortisone cream but no improv...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. Your statement has been suffering from severe itching in the testicular area and the area between thigh and testicle. According to the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) provided here, you may ...  Read Full »

How to manage tinea cruris?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28-year-old male, and I have a rash around my jock area. When I use Dermovate lotion, it disappears for a couple of days. But when I use Lamisil lotion, it becomes redder. What does that mean? Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Pathave

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for providing the information. If possible, provide me photographs of the affected areas that will help me better understand your skin problem and make a proper treatment plan. Thank you.  Read Full »

Please suggest medication for jock itch in the groin region.

Query: Hello doctor, I have jock itch for the past one week. It is continuously burning and itching near the groin area. The scrotum is scaly, and I have constant burning in the buttock region. I am using Clotrimazole for the past two days. Can you prescribe some medication?  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be pediculosis pubis. Are there inflammatory annular or round lesions with elevated margins? Any oozing from the margins? Any swelling or inflammation, itchy papules, or nodules present? Do you have intense itching? Excess scratching and rubbing of lesion? ...  Read Full »

I have rash on my inner thighs. Can it be due to psoriasis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a rash on my inner thighs. I am male, 28 years. I have had history of ezcema, psoriasis and jock itch. Hands, feet, and groin area. I am trying to determine if I have psoriasis or jock itch. I have been using Antroquoril cream. I also have Emuovate available too. It is frustratin...  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hope you are keeping safe and doing well. 1) I understand your concern about the doubt of it being a psoriatic or a fungal lesion. I have seen the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and read your brief history, it most likely looks like ...  Read Full »

Please suggest some medicines for itchy red rashes in inner thighs.

Query: I am suffering from severe skin red rash problem in both inner thighs. The rash is so itchy and it has completely destroyed my life. It looks like fugal like ringworm or jock itch. at past also, i was suffering from same thing but that time it was scaly like liquid was coming out with foul smell. An...  Read Full »

Dr. Bincy Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hi. Thanks for sharing your query. You seem to be very distressed by the problem. As I can see in the picture it is Tinea. Since it is extensive it is important to start proper treatment with oral antifungals for a good length of time to clear the infection. You have been using steroid creams which...  Read Full »

How to get rid of jock itch?How to get rid of jock itch?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having an abscess on my balls. It is reddish and painful, but not much. I have jock itch right now. I saw terrific images on the internet, but it is not like that. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please put up two to three clear photos of the affected area for proper evaluation and guidance. Revert back with the photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

What is the treatment for scrotal abscess and jock itch?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 years old male. I have an abscess on my balls, it is reddish and feels pain, but not much. I have a jock itch right now. I am worried because I saw some terrible pictures on the internet. I think I got bite by something as I mentioned there is an infection near my legs too. ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I looked through the photographs. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a small pustule in the scrotum and you seem to have a fungal infection in the groin. For the fungal infection take a tablet of Fluconazole 150 mg once followed by the same t...  Read Full »

How to get rid of jock itch overnight?

Query: Hello doctor, I was infected with a fungal infection (jock itch) when I was 14 years old, and I am 36 years old now. I tried all kinds of fungal creams, but it relieves only temporarily. And recently, I had another episode with severe itching. The skin of my scrotum is getting scaly. I have lost h...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send few good quality photographs taken under natural light. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

What causes of a pink spot on testicles?

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed for some time now that the skin in my groin area looks gray and when I looked close, I saw that my skin was peeling and there were a few pink spots. And my scrotum began to itch. I assumed it was a jock itch. So, two days ago, I purchased Lotrimin Ultra and applied it in my g...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is intertrigo secondary to candida yeast infection. It is not a contagious disease. I suggest you start using Sporanox (Itraconazole) 100 mg one capsule every day for 16 consecutive days. There are no food restrictions when you take this medicine but avoi...  Read Full »