Junk Food

Why do I have chest discomfort and pain after eating a greasy and spicy meal?

Query: I am a 20 year old 6'5 male and I weigh around 180 pounds. I ate a pretty greasy/spicy meal for lunch 5 hours ago and I have had chest discomfort and pain/discomfort in my left wrist since eating it. I am unsure if this is something to be worried about, or if its just heartburn. any help would be a...  Read Full »

Dr. Afifa Nighat

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: hello welcome to icliniq! hope you're doing well! with context to your presenting complaints, we have established cause for symptoms i.e. food with high fat/ spice content can cause gastritis or exacerbate underlying gastric/ duodenal ulcer problem. So, as far as your current symptoms concern y...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to make my son active and more energetic.

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 15 years old. He has an allergy problem and once had an episode of severe congestion. He was hospitalized and given inhalation nebulizer. Now, he is on inhaler Aerocort. He feels tired, panting on playing and often tends to sit while playing. He feels very hot on his ears, limbs...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know the symptoms in much more detail. How is his diet and appetite? Does he fall ill frequently? What is his weight? Is he on nebulization frequently? How is his academic performance? Is he stressed out? I would suggest a few blood tests to know his hemo...  Read Full »

Please suggest food habits to sleep well.

Query: Hi doctor, I work from 3 PM to 1 AM and cannot sleep once I am back. My food habits are also messed up. As I cannot sleep properly, I get up late. Hence, I am missing my breakfast and having heavy brunch. Some days, I even miss lunch and have dinner around 7 PM. I have also started putting weight un...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not just because of your food habits that your sleep-wake cycle is disturbed. Your whole work schedule is rather disturbing your sleep. You need to regularize your activities and follow sleep hygiene along with your circadian rhythm. Regarding your food cycle, fi...  Read Full »

Is Vysov good for controlling blood sugar?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 29 years old. My blood sugar levels were FBS 296 and PP 441. So, I consult with doctor and they suggested to take Insulin 14 units in the morning and 8 units at night for 15 days. After 15 days, it reduced to FBS 180 and PP 230. So, they stopped insulin and then they asked to take Vy...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at your present fasting and postprandial (PP) sugar are fairly well controlled. It means the current treatment has been quite helpful. If you have checked your HbA1c% (glycated hemoglobin), then please mention that too. Because, in a well-controlled d...  Read Full »

Please suggest a diet plan for type 2 diabetes.

Query: Hello doctor, I have type 2 diabetes. I am 29 years old. My height is 5'7" and weight is 58 kg. 34 days back I gave blood tests. My fasting blood sugar was 313, postprandial 599, HbA1c-14.9, T3 109.6, T4-12.30, vitamin D-6.2 and TSH-2.29. After five days, I consulted a doctor and he gave me medicin...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I am surprised why have you stopped taking medicines? Medication does not cure diabetes; they control it and hence do keep continuing medications. Coming to your diabetic diet: You need to eat food in small quantities, but frequently. Avoid swe...  Read Full »

What causes persistent indigestion and vomiting?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having indigestion and vomiting since one month. It is not frequent, but twice or thrice in a week. When I am having my dinner after eating half of the meals I feel some air in my stomach and suddenly vomit everything. I am having this issue in the morning too. When I wake up, I fee...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

Please suggest a diet chart to reduce weight and improve fertility.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 24 years old and her height is 4'10" and weight is 61 kg. She is a bit overweight and also has PCOD problem. We got married 2 years back and she cannot get pregnant. Please send the diet chart to reduce her weight. What are all the foods that she can take to improve ferti...  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. From your information, I got to know that she is obese. She needs to reduce approximately 6 kg. It is too much weight for her height but no worry she can reduce it by diet and some exercises. She needs very low calorie diet of about 1200...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to control bad odor due to stomach problem.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a regular alcoholic. The problem is that I have bad smell due to stomach problem. Suggest me how to cure bad smell. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Rashi Verma

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With little changes in diet and lifestyle, it is possible to remove the bad smell. Have food in a proper manner and always have smaller bites. Eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly so that all of what you eat gets digested. Do not gulp your food. While having...  Read Full »

My son refuses to eat anything and only enjoys junk food. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding my 6 year old son. He is reluctant to eat and normally we have to change his focus from meal to feed him (by showing him television or something else). He smells things as well and does not eat if he does not like the smell of it. He likes cold drinks, chips, candi...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the details you have provided, your kid seems to be a fussy eater. This is a common problem with kids of this age. Reasons for this problem are: Kids of this age are more interested in play rather than food. They are interested in junk food and hence dislike he...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a diet plan to reduce weight and belly fat.

Query: Hello doctor, I am trying to reduce my weight and belly fat, but I am not able to reduce my belly fat successfully. I am also getting kidney stones frequently and undergone surgery just two weeks back and also six months back. I want to reduce my belly fat without getting kidney stones. Let me brief...  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can practice some brisk home body poses and exercises other than walking or running. Also, reduce your calorie to lose weight with low carbohydrate diet. Have mainly two roti, mix vegetables, citrus fruits and cucumber. Take vegan based diet, less organi...  Read Full »