Why does my husband have a scar on his chest?

Q. My husband has got a scar on chest. What is it?

Dr. Danej Mangesh Baliram
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 26, 2023

My husband has got a scar on his chest following a pimple. Now, I feel that the size of the scar has become bigger than it was before. It is not painful, but he feels itchy sometimes. He has the scar for around three years now. He has a family history of keloid in his maternal grandmother and vitiligo in his maternal great grandmother. He was also treated for initial stage of vitiligo and got cured. I have attached the image. Please have a look. Thank you.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you described, such as pain, itching, and increased sensations, suggest the possibility of a keloid. For treatment, the primary approach involves local injections of steroid, specifically Triamcinolone. In cases where resistance is encountered, a combination of Triamcinolone and 5-Fluorouracil may be used. These injections are typically administered on a monthly basis, with the frequency adjusted based on the individual's response to the treatment. It's important to seek medical evaluation and advice for proper management and to ensure the most effective outcome in addressing the keloid.

|