Keratoconus

Is continuous pressured feeling in the head with headache indicative of brain tumor?

Query: Hi doctor, For three years, I have been having vertigo and unsteadiness symptoms. I went to see different doctors and ENT specialists who ran many tests and did not find anything, they put this on account of stress and anxiety. I kept having periodical moments where my vertigo and unsteadiness is h...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some further details about headache and other symptoms: 1) Since when you started to have these headaches? How many years? Did it start only six years ago or used to occur before also? 2) In which part of the head you feel headaches? (You can a...  Read Full »

Will CXL raise intraocular pressure?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my CXL procedure done for my right eye one month ago, and my vision is even worst than before. I was prescribed Tobradex (Tobramycin) eye drops a day thrice. My IOP, when recently checked, was raised to 30.5, and I am labeled as a steroid responder. Therefore, my medication is chan...  Read Full »

Dr. Hussein Ayoub

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you a keratoconus patient? For what reason did you get CXL (corneal cross-linking) done? Tobradex (Tobramycin) is a very weak steroid antibiotic combination. You have not taken much of it, even if you are a responder to steroids. That would be odd to have this I...  Read Full »

I have glaucoma during pregnancy. Will labor pressure cause damage to my eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I had keratoconus and started developing glaucoma. My eyes are really weak, and my right eye is at its thinnest point. I will upload reports from my doctor. I am pregnant and scared labor pressure. Will it cause any harm to my eyes? What is your opinion? I am on Euthyrox 25 for underactiv...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition is really bad in your right eye (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Use scleral lenses till hydrops is resolved and pregnancy ends. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-docto...  Read Full »

How long to continue the eye drops after CXL eye surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 12 years old. She has undergone CXL surgery before a month. Due to pandemics, it is impossible to consult a doctor. After undergoing surgery, she uses Vigamox ophthalmic solution IP 0.5% three times a day and Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops IP five times a day. Is this ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. CXL (corneal cross-linking) surgery is done for keratoconus. Usually, antibiotic drops are given for four to six weeks and so you can continue using Vigomax (Moxifloxacin) two to three times a day for six weeks. Lubricant or artificial tears can be used for the long...  Read Full »

Does wearing glasses help to provide better vision for high myopic astigmatism?

Query: Hello, I visited my ophthalmologist and he didnt see anything wrong with my vision, but I, 16 years old who only suffers of myopia and astigmatism, have a very bad vision and difficulties to read just from 50 cm. This is what he wrote: Right eye 8/10 S +0,25 C -4.50 Ax 175 Left eye 8/10 S +0,25 C...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq. Your prescription shows you have High Myopic Astigmatism. Your ophthalmologist must have examined your eyes properly..Usually glasses prescriptions can changr upto age of 20-21 yrs so before that age no Laser procedure is done to get rid from glasses. So you need to wear gla...  Read Full »

What can cause blurry image, itchy eyes, and headache?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having lots of trouble with my eyes lately. Reading glasses are not helping me. Everything has begun to get blurred. I have noticed that I have been rubbing my eyes a lot and I have been getting headaches. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, there are many causes of decreased vision and itching for which you need to rub your eyes. Please answer a few questions. Since how long you are using glasses? When you had your last refraction? Do you have any eye allergy, itching, watering or redness that get...  Read Full »

Which contact lens is best for -4 power?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I am having -4 with cylindrical (180°axis) power in both eyes. Which type and which company contact lenses are the best for me? Please guide. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq.com. Minus 4 cylindrical power is very high power. For this power, contact lenses are preferred and give better vision compared to glasses. There are many commercially available contact lenses. We commonly use Bausch and Lomb contact lenses to our patients. Prefer...  Read Full »

What causes cylindrical eye power to change rapidly?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25 years old and I use spectacles from the last three years. Before that, my eyes were fine. In the last two years, it is deteriorating fast and the cylindrical eyesight varies much. Initially, it was - 0.5, but after one year it became - 1.5 and now it is 2.5. Why is my cylindric...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An increase in the cylindrical error at this age is uncommon. There are two possibilities: Your cornea is weak and changing its shape which is known as keratoconus. But, keratoconus does not appear in this age. It is basically a disease in children. There is a possib...  Read Full »

What care and precautions do I need to take for the cylindrical vision?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 4.5 years old. He is having a cylindrical vision with -2.75 power on both the eyes. What care and precaution do I need to take?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keep regular follow ups with your optometrist and eye doctor for repeated refraction for every 3 to 6 months. His refraction will keep on changing till 20 to 25 years of age as the eye grows and the shape of the cornea keeps changing. The main thing is avoid...  Read Full »

I have keratoconus in my right eye. Shall I go for C3R?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I was diagnosed with keratoconus. I did not use any spectacle. I used to see little blur mostly in the evening. My left eye is normal, but my right eye is most affected. I have attached one file. Please go through the file for the reference of my eye standards. Six months ago, I...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the records that you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First thing is that you need to confirm the diagnosis of keratoconus. From your explanation, I feel you do not have keratoconus. Please describe what problems you have an...  Read Full »