Q. What do my eye reports reveal and what can be the treatment?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 08, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2022

I want to discuss my reports with the ophthalmologist. I have uploaded all the copies.

#

I have seen all the attachments (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). The third picture has not been uploaded completely but from the first two pictures all that I can make out are:

1. In the left eye, you have frank keratoconus with both keratometry and back elevation increased up to the category of 2 or 3.
  2. In the right eye, the keratometry is borderline but back elevation is increased which also puts the right eye in category 1.

Keratoconus is a disease in which the cornea becomes weak and starts bulging out.

The old protocol dictates one should try Rose K contact lenses though it will improve vision but will not affect the progression of the disease. It also increases scarring.

Nowadays one should straight away go for C3-R (Corneal Collagen Crosslinking with Riboflavin), a small procedure that will strengthen the cornea and will prevent progression of the disease and it is not that costly.

After that, one can go for contact lenses or glasses and that is the correct protocol.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online.

|