Q. My ketone value is marked in red. Should I be worried?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 30, 2020

I am currently looking at my urinalysis results. There is something that I am trying to understand. My ketone is 40 mg/dL and marked with a red square flag. What does this mean? Should I be worried or concerned about this? When this test was performed they told me that everything was normal.

#

• The ketones can be positive under certain conditions. The most important ones are starvation for long hours, hyperglycemia (extremely high blood sugar) and alcoholism (too much consumption).
  • What I understand is that all the values are in normal range and only ketones are positive.
  • If that is the situation, I would not worry; just repeat it again. But, this time do not fast or consume alcohol for at least 24 hours before the test.

Revert back with the reports to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|