Q. Is my husband's BP high due to the tumor in his left kidney?

Dr. Shahil Khant

My husband has a tumor in his left kidney. He does not have blood in urine, but he has high blood pressure for a while. His BP is as high as 140 to 160/90 to 105 mmHg. The reports I have attached are roughly three months old. Is operation a necessity? If so, then what needs to be done? I want to know a little about the operational details for my knowledge. Why is he having high blood pressure?

#

I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It clearly shows 44 mm size tumor arising from the mid pole of the left kidney. The tumor looks like a malignant tumor. He definitely requires an operation called partial nephrectomy if possible or totally left nephrectomy.
  • I am surprised since three months no doctor has suggested surgery. Surgery is for sure. Whether to remove kidney half or full depends on the tumor characteristics. If the tumor is near to kidney blood vessels, then half kidney removal is not possible.
  • So, the doctors will try to remove half kidney only, but you need to be prepared that full kidney can be removed. He also requires a CT scan of the chest to check tumor is spreading to the chest or not.
  • Hypertension can be because of the tumor, but that does not mean removing tumor will cure hypertension.

I think I cleared your doubts. Thanks.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Thank you for your reply. If you could suggest some affordable hospital, where I could get instant treatment to this problem, I would be greatly helped. Due to financial troubles, we could not get the operation done.

#

• I do not know the cost and hospitals in your country. But I think any government or a charitable hospital will do it at an affordable price.

|