Q. My blood pressure is erratic. Can you help ?

Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay

I am a 30 year old. Recently, I started having high blood pressure. It goes up and down a lot. At some times, it is 170/90, and at others, it is 130/80.

Recently I have done a blood test, where my Hb was 10.52, cholesterol was 152, triglyceride was 165, HDL 28 and LDL was 91.

The other creatinine and BUN test is in the normal range. I have done ECG four times. It comes normal but, with 120 heart rate.

#

Your pulse rate is high. Please do a free T4, T3, and TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) test.

For your BP (blood pressure), you can take Met XL (Metoprolol) 50 one tablet, once daily at around 8 AM and tablet Stamlo (Amlodipine) 5 one tablet at around 5 PM.

Your Hb (hemoglobin) is slightly low. For that, you can take capsule Cheri (contains Ferrous Fumarate, Folic acid, and others) once daily for two months.

Consult your physician for a periodic recording of your BP.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|