Q. I have high blood pressure and feel chest pain. Please help.

Dr. Ilir Sharka

I feel pain on the left side of my chest. I have no sugar but high blood pressure. My age is 50 years. I am 67 inches in height and my weight is 78 kg.

#

Your symptoms could be related to gastroesophageal reflux or muscle pain. I recommend taking an antacid and Acetaminophen. If the pain persists, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician for a physical exam and some tests as follows:

1. Resting ECG and cardiac ultrasound.
  2. Chest X-ray study.
  3. Fibrogastroscopy.
  4. Complete blood count, PCR (polymerase chain reaction), ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) for inflammation.

An exercise cardiac stress test would help exclude possible coronary artery disease. You should discuss with your doctor about the above tests.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|