Q. I have a kidney stone just six months after a stone surgery. Can you suggest a cure?

Dr. Devendra

I am a 27 year old male. Six months back, I underwent a urinary bladder stone surgery. Now everything is fine. Today, I have done a general checkup for follow-up. A USG abdomen scan was done (scan copy attached). The radiologist said there are small calculi in the left and right kidneys. So, kindly verify the scan report and give suitable suggestions for medicines and diet plan.

#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Once a kidney stone forms, there is a high risk for recurrent formation. But, a surgery will be required if the size becomes significant to prevent spontaneous passage.

I suggest jogging daily morning and plenty of fluids orally forming more than 2 liters output.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Once a month, I take fish and chicken. I drink brandy occasionally. I drink three to four liters of water on a daily basis. So, kindly give me a diet plan. How to prevent stones in the future?

#

1. Non-veg in the form of fish and chicken is fine.
  2. Minimal alcohol is alright.
  3. A fluid intake of three to four liters is fine for winters. For summers, add two to three liters more.
  4. Take a balanced diet for avoiding bladder stones, with carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in balance.
  5. For kidney stones, a good physical activity and high water intake are advised.
  6. Avoid food high in oxalate content.
  7. Have a low-salt diet.

|