Balanced Diet

Why is bilirubin level 1.4 for three months?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, I started feeling feverish, but thermometer readings were normal. I went to a doctor and he ran a series of tests. Everything came out fine, except mild hepatomegaly and elevated conjugated bilirubin. My bilirubin is elevated consistently for the past three months (tota...  Read Full »

Dr. Bindiya Thakkar

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your laboratory reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity). All values are excellent, except total bilirubin which is at upper normal level which could be due to fatty liver. I would suggest you to avoid fatty and spicy foods as well ...  Read Full »

How to cure sunken eyes?

Query: Helo doctor, The area under my eyes has sunken over a period of time. It has caused a  dark circle to appear below my eyes. I read about 'enophthalmos', a possible cause of this. Is there any treatment available for it? Where should I start?  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your eyes do not seem to be sunken. Do you use spectacles? Persons using spectacles may sometimes feel that their eyes are sunken. If you are still in doubt, you can consult an ophthalmolo...  Read Full »

Which is the best time to eat fruits?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to add raw onions, raw garlic, banana, pomegranate, dates, raisins with water, turmeric powder with water, lemon with peel etc., to my diet. Please suggest me the best time of the day to eat these.  Read Full »

Dr. Sarah M Alhennawy

Nutritionist, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many studies conducted on the properties of garlic show that eating it on an empty stomach makes it a powerful natural antibiotic. The best practice for onions consists of chopping or crushing them five to 15 minutes prior to eating them. The best time to eat fruits i...  Read Full »

How to treat a lump inside the cheek?

Query: Hi doctor, There is a small lump inside my left cheek. It has been there for about three days. There is no pain, but when I push it with my tongue or if I hit that then it will be painful. I am attaching a photo. Does it look serious? I have to wait for two weeks until my appointment with a dentis...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need not have to worry much as it is nothing serious. It is a swelling along with ulcer formation of cheek due to biting of cheek by the corresponding upper and lower teeth. The upper tooth nearby to the ulcer is not in shape which results in the cheeks getting stuck ...  Read Full »

Is Garcinia Cambogia a good slimming product? Can you suggest low carb diet chart ?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old female. My height is 166 cm and I weigh 77 kg. Actually, I used to take less food only. But, I do not know, how I am getting obese. One of my friend said that Garcinia cambogia is a good slimming product. So, before using that, I thought of consulting a dietician. If...  Read Full »

Dr. Manidipa Dey

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to have low calorie, low carbohydrate and high protein balanced diet chart for your weight loss. According to your height, your ideal body weight should be 63-65 kg. Diet and exercise both are important for the weight loss program. Exercise regularly. Do n...  Read Full »

How can I improve my height?

Query: Hello doctor, I just turned 18 two months back. I am 5'8.5". Over this summer, all my friends have grown very tall and I have not grown an inch. Not even this year, I did not grow an inch. People tell me I have a lean physique and I am tall for my age and they say I may grow up till 6'1". That is my...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your final height will be determined by your genetics, eating good nutritious food, keeping yourself physically active by exercise and maintaining good posture. You will continue to gain height till puberty is complete. You are already nearly 5'9" which is good. It ...  Read Full »

Kindly provide some health tips that every woman should know.

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly provide some health tips that every woman should know.   Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Eat a healthy diet. Women are always conscious about their food. But dieting does not mean you cannot eat fat or carbohydrates. Fats and carbohydrates are also necessary for the body. Women should take healthy fats and carbohydrates in proper amount along with pro...  Read Full »

How can I gain weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to discuss about my loss of weight. My height is 5 ft 6 inches and my weight is 51 kg. Quite low. How can I gain weight? Also, I cannot eat too much food. Please suggest anything good.  Read Full »

Dr. Youness Tanani

Nutritionist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamins like Zincovit or others are not the way to gain weight, are just to help someone who works excessively or eating a poor diet. I do not know what kind of food you can eat so I will make a free nutrition program for you, also it is important to know your triglyce...  Read Full »

What Can Be The Reason For Recurrent Boil?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a boil on my inner thigh, which keeps recurring. I have had a boil in the same spot before. When I popped it went away, but now it has come back. It is also very painful. Please help.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. It seems that you are having furunculosis. Boils (also called furuncles) are a deep bacterial infection of hair follicles. The cause of recurrence may be Staphylococcus aureus, which is most commonly carried in the nostrils, armpits, between ...  Read Full »

Why does my report show low hemoglobin levels?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old woman. I had hysterectomy 4 years back.  Now, I have no periods or blood loss of any measure. I am having balanced diet with plenty of meat and kale chips. Since 3 months, I have started taking raw food and prenatal vitamins because of cracks in mouth that would not h...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows:The low hemoglobin at present is not due to blood loss, it is nutritional. If you look at the iron studies, the iron levels are very low, indicating inadequate ir...  Read Full »