Klebsiella Pneumonia

Is UTI contagious?

Query: Hi doctor, A few days ago I was diagnosed with UTI infection. I was put on antibiotics, and the ER doctor sent my urine for a culture. My doctor told me that Klebsiella pneumoniae is present in my urine culture and referred me to a specialist. What does it mean? I am 23 years old and sexually active...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. UTI - urinary tract infection caused by Klebsiella takes longer to get treated. But, once cleared it should not come back. Recurrent UTI could be due to kidney stones, diabetes, dehydration, involvement of upper urinary tract, frequent sexual encounters, etc. I would ...  Read Full »

What causes the anus to feel wet?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a wet feeling inside the anus for the past one year. I did a colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy, and the doctor said that everything is fine. They said probably the wet feeling is due to sweat. Swab culture and sensitivity report showed up Klebsiella pneumoniae. I took Augmentin 6...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When was the swab culture and sensitivity done? Did you take Augmentin before or after it started? And for how long? Is the discharge purulent, clear or white thick? Do you have any other complaints like pain or itching? Do you have any other medical conditions like di...  Read Full »

Treatment for Klebsiella Infections

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old¬†female. I have been having a mucus infection since two years. Early last year, after a sputum culture test, it was found out that I suffer from a Klebsiella infection. I have been receiving Ceftriaxone injections thrice a month for the last six months and in each ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Klebsiella is a bacteria that affects people with low immunity and other diseases that reduce the body's immune system. It spreads mostly through contacts and not through the air. If you are repeatedly getting infected, either the bacteria is resistant or the...  Read Full »

My Klebsiella count is high. Is it of concern?

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling a discomfort sensation in the urine bladder (I feel like passing urine every time) since the last one and a half months. USG and urine route are all normal but culture seems positive. Please let me know whether blood culture report is also normal. No fever and no issue i...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached files thoroughly (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In my opinion, we should clear the Klebsiella infection first and then watch for improvement. First, I would like to know if you have increased frequency. In order to cle...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a medicine for wet feeling in the anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some wet feeling in the anus for the past one year. I had both colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy. The doctor said everything is fine. They said probably the wet feeling is due to sweat. But, I feel it is some liquid discharge from the anus skin. Can you suggest some medication?  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: HI, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. It is better to take discharge over swab and send it for culture and sensitivity. If you have any growth over it, then get treated based on the sensitivity. For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask...  Read Full »