Knee Pain

Will my knee pain due to injury heal on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, A week before, I fell from riding a bicycle after going to market and my left knee hit the ground first I was able to stand up although I got wounded. I went home and did first aid on my wound. After a week, my wound was healed but until now I feel the pain on my left leg. There is le...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry you are having these symptoms. This might still be due to injury resulting in soft tissue contusion. I am not considering fracture at this point because you were still able to stand up. But an x-ray of the left knee APL would be recommended. In the mea...  Read Full »

Why am I getting knee pain when I stand up for the last three months?

Query: hi doctor age 26 year, sex - male the problem is my knee pain befor 3 month my knee pain when i sit and up for 2 or 3 minut . please consult me for the relief my knee pain  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi Thanks for your query and Welcome to Icliniq. Your knee pain could be due to certain reasons but common ones are Chondromalacia, pain due to knee instability, inflammation etc. Can you kindly tell me since when are you having this knee pain , what was the cause of onset of symptoms , and wh...  Read Full »

What could cause knee problem with stiffness in hands and shoulders other than RA?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old female currently under investigation for RA and have been for a while now. I began having knee problems at the age of 15 (my mother’s problems began in her knees at the age of 13) and the problems remained there for a few years. In the last three to four years...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and blood reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I do have a few queries to help you reach the correct diagnosis. I want to be really sure we are dealing with inflammatory arthritis and so we can modify your medicines...  Read Full »

Please suggest an oil or ointment to control knee pain effectively.

Query: Hi doctor, This query is for my aunt who is 60 years old. She has knee pain (both) for more than 15 years. Initially, she used to get swelling around the knee and pain. She keeps taking injection and painkillers for pain for the last 15 years. Recently, she was ill for around three months with a ba...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to take the following tablets: Tablet Tramadol 50 mg 1-0-1 for 10 days after food, Rabeprazole 20 mg 1-0-0 for 10 days before food, Shelcal (calcium) 500 mg 1-0-0 for 30 days before food, Wintogeno cream (Ayurveda formulation) which can be purchased from eBay ...  Read Full »

What could be the severe knee pain above patella that subsides on painkillers?

Query: Hello doctor, We are looking for a second opinion on my friend's MRI scan of both the knee joints as he is experiencing excruciating pain just above the patella. He has a sudden onset of severe pain on both the knee joints about two weeks ago. Previously he had a similar episode about two to thr...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I viewed the right and left knee MRI images. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Left knee: The MRI, left knee joint shows a complex tear in the posterior horn of the medial meniscus area and mild left knee joint effusion. There is some fluid between the...  Read Full »

Is surgery necessary for the pain from waist to leg and foot with occasional numbness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having back, knee and foot pain and numbness for some time. So, I am wondering if I should see professional help? It started about a year or more ago, and then it was merely the lower left side of my back. It would go numb for a brief time after riding for about thirty or ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniiq.com. Your symptoms (back pain radiating in the knee and leg) are suggestive of a bulging (slipped) intervertebral disc in the lumbar region, which is causing irradiating radicular pain in the knee. For this reason, I would recommend consulting with a neurologist for a ph...  Read Full »

I am having knee pain. How to manage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having knee pain. How will I manage it?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your knee pain could be due to many reasons but common ones are chondromalacia, pain due to knee instability, inflammation due to an underlying pathology or just degenerative joint disease, etc. What was the cause of onset of pain in your knees and what has been the to...  Read Full »

I have knee pain after meniscus surgery. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had meniscus surgery before two and a half weeks. Still there is a kind of swelling around my knee. I feel little pain outside the knee and also there is still a cracky noise when I bend. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Meniscal injury leads to swelling and pain in the knee joint, so apply ice packs. Use hinged knee brace throughout the day remove it only at night.¬†Apply a crepe bandage of 6 inches below the hinged knee brace from the toe to the mid thigh. Take any over-the-counter avai...  Read Full »

What causes sudden knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor,My wife is suffering from left knee pain. While walking, she drags her left leg. But, she can fold her knee normally. It started a few months ago without any cause. What is it?  Read Full »

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to check out the x-ray of knee. There may be a possibility of osteoarthritis. Your treatment will depend on the x-ray report. Revert back with the knee x-ray to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medi...  Read Full »

Why do I have a problem with my right knee?

Query: Hi doctor, One year back, I had problem in my right knee like loose feeling, instability, slight pain, etc. When I consulted a doctor, he suggested Cartigen-Duo, Miol-OD and Acepark gel. In x-ray he found that the pain was due to cartilage damage in knee. I continued full course of medicine and afte...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history as well as the images attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with it. The history points towards a diagnosis of internal derangement of knee, which means injury to the soft tissues in and around the knee providing stabil...  Read Full »