Knee Pain

What should I do to help my joint pain and cervical spondylosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 57 years old. My weight is 67 kg, and my height is 5 feet. I am suffering from joint pain, mainly cervical spondylosis, knee pain, pain in the feet and hands. I have severe inflammation in my feet, and stiffness in the knee. I am also suffering from severe constipation. Please he...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you do, and how much physical activity you have in your daily routine?  Read Full »

How to treat knee pain and stiffness in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 69 years old. She is getting pain in the right knee (left side), burning sensation, and stiff legs after sitting for a long time to get up. It subsides after a few steps. There is no swelling or inflammation in the legs. How can I upload the x-rays? She has diabetes for th...  Read Full »

Dr. Vikas Jain

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through clinical history and x-ray images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The picture looks to be related to moderate arthritis of the knee, not like a neurological problem. And this needs proper treatment in terms of knee exercises, avo...  Read Full »

What causes bad pain in my knee?

Query: I've been having a really bad pain in my knee and the knee brace I was using just made it worse. The only medication I have is a breathing controller and inhaler. I'm female, 16, 5'5, and I'm about 150 I think I'm not sure  Read Full »

Dr. Nasir

Pain Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Good day to you Ma'am I would like to ask you voice to when did the knee pain begin? is it only in one knee of both the knees? is it associated with knee swelling or redness around the knee? did you sustain any injury to the knee? do you have pain in any other joints? if the pain is only in one kn...  Read Full »

Why do I get knee swelling and pain even after a year of surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have suffered a recent knee injury and had ACL replacement. The injury involved a sudden and complete closure of the knee. I will feel fine but with more use the knee gets sore with swollen veins. I can provide pictures. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The swelling can happen if there is a recent surgery. You are doing physiotherapy to get your range of knee motion back to its normal. As the ligament and the knee capsule stretches, it causes inflammation and swelling. However, if the surgery was done more than a ye...  Read Full »

Will pressure bandage help with severe knee pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sore knee that is painful throughout the day and very painful at night. I had an MRI done. Based on this report, would surgical intervention be required (e.g., knee arthroscopy)? I know this can be related to pain levels as having had a similar issue in the right knee, but it...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you able to squat completely and comfortably?  Read Full »

What causes sharp knee pain in me for the last 2 months?

Query: Morning, SEX: M Weight: 162 Height" 5'11 Age 35 I am trying to avoid going to a doctor/hospital due to the current pandemic situation, but my left knee has progressively gotten worse over the last 2.5 months. I am not 100% sure what caused the pain, as I play disc golf (have not played since this...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: are you able to squat comfortably and completely?  Read Full »

Why am I having lower back pain along with knee, hip, and ankle pain?

Query: I have been having new persistant headaches every single day for the past 8 months. The headaches last from 5 seconds to 5 hours. I usually wake up with one. They are usually dull to throbbing pain. I have got an mri and 4 blood tests. I have went to the neurologist and they prescribed me with Indom...  Read Full »

Dr. Amr Samy

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hey, Welcome to Icliniq, I am sorry to hear about your headache, Let me start with some questions for you as the picture is not fully clear as to whether or not the headaches come with any other symptoms such as: -Extreme fatigue -The need to sit in a dark room because you become over sensitive to...  Read Full »

Can fever, loose motions, and knee pain be signs of HIV infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I had exposure to HIV 10 months back, and after that, I got myself tested. Rapid ICT and particle agglutination after six weeks. HIV Ag and Ab screening S/CO = 0.18, CMIA Method after eight weeks. Serum Electrochemiluminescence or Immunoassay method after 16 months. All tests reported ne...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from constant loose motion, fever, and joint pain. HIV antibodies: HIV 1 and HIV 2 are non-reactive three months back. Again, HIV for rapid ICT and partial agglut...  Read Full »

How can I treat my lower back pain and nerve pain?

Query: 3 weeks ago I was doing heavy weight Deadlift in my gym after that I suffered from lower back pain for two days and from then I am suffering a nerve pain from my lower back to my left knee through my thigh... And now There is soo much problem in sitting walking and normal day to day activities. I h...  Read Full »

Dr. Maithili Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Deadlifts are safe unless you do them incorrectly. And the most common off all the mistakes is to pull with lower back bent which causes uneven pressure on the spinal discs and result into bulged discs, pinching of nerves and spraining surrounding tissues too. The radiating pain to thigh and...  Read Full »

Can a tetanus shot to the hip cause knee pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old female who weighs about 95 kg. I had been given a tetanus shot in my hip one year back. After that, I felt sharp shooting pain around my knee whenever I stand extremely painful, and I needed the support of something, and later I was pretty much fine as this pain was...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are right; usually, vaccinations are given intramuscularly into the upper arm. However, the location you mention is also allowed and, of course, possible. It is also possible to irritate a nerve with an injection, at least in theory, but rarely happens. However, ...  Read Full »