Knee Pain

Why do I have knee pain after wearing high heels?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in my knees and around the ankles, since the last two weeks. It all started when I walked around in high-heeled shoes one day. After that, I got my periods and the pain got aggravated. The pain has decreased, but is still quite bad. Also, I recently went to get a Pap test done...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is unfortunate that you are suffering from knee pain and it got aggravated by periods. Any pain already present can get aggravated with menses. The best thing to do now is rest and avoiding straining the same muscles. I suggest you try hot foment...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain under the right knee after workout?

Query: Hello doctor, I have knee pain for the past one week but not much pain. Yesterday I went to the gym, and something triggered the pain under my knee. Since then under my right knee, I get a pinching pain now and then. If I rub, there is a pain in a particular spot. Would a brace or anti-inflammatory...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain may be due to sudden lifting of heavyweight, which resulted in compression and tissue swelling. If the duration of injury is within two days, then apply ice and from the third day, go for physiotherapy treatment like ultrasound therapy on the back of the knee. D...  Read Full »

What can I do for knee pain, loose joints, repetitive sprained ankles and hip tightness?

Query: Hello doctor,What can I do for knee pain and lose joints and repetitive sprained ankles and hip tightness? I am a 15-year-old girl, and I have major knee pain that comes and goes. It is always swollen.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would advise you to start strengthening your muscles by doing simple stability exercises and slowly progress to weight training. Have an adequately supervised session for a while to avoid any compensation of movements. Once muscles get stronger, you will get good s...  Read Full »

Can calcium deficiency cause knee pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I have been feeling pain in my left knee when I sit on the ground. When I get up it takes two minutes for the left knee to get normal and function without pain. I got a massage, but that did not work. Instead, my back started hurting slightly after that. Please advis...  Read Full »

Dr. Biswajit Das

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, this is not a calcium deficiency. Probably, it is prepatellar bursitis. The symptoms of calcium deficiency will not be confined to one knee and it is unusual in young persons. For further information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://w...  Read Full »

I have a severe knee pain and cannot walk without limping. What it could be?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been having severe pain in my left knee for roughly three days now. It is on the inside of the knee and slightly behind the knee cap while standing and with my leg straight. When it is bent, it is on the outside of the knee too. I cannot put any weight on it, cannot walk properly...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sudden onset of pain at this generally indicates traumatic nature of suffering. It is possible that you suffered with some minor injury in last couple of days. The second possibility is an infection in which there may be redness and slight fever over the affected joint...  Read Full »

Please explain the Doppler report and suggest which specialty doctor we need to consult.

Query: Hello doctor,My mother-in-law has knee pain for almost three years. Earlier, the pain was mild, and she was taking anti-inflammatory and pain killers under orthopedics care. Now, her pain is quite severe, and the pain killer does not provide any relief. We had Doppler study for her legs, and I have ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed the prescription and the right lower limb arterial and venous Doppler scan reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The prescription mentions medications and injection given for severe pain and discomfort. The arterial Doppler for right...  Read Full »

From my MRI, kindly explain about my knee pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a runner, and I am facing knee pain on my left leg since the last two months. I consulted an orthopedician and got an MRI as well, but there is nothing abnormal. But, I still have pain. I am a diabetic and on medicine for that alone. I have attached the MRI reports for reference.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have sprain or strain on your knee and is also demonstrated by the MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity). What did you take for pain relief? Are you wearing a brace? Did you do any physical therapy? Revert with the details to an internal ...  Read Full »

I cannot kneel as my knee hurts. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I fell on a cement sidewalk about two months ago, and my knee is still bruised. Although it does not hurt while doing normal activities, it hurts tremendously when I kneel or when I accidentally brush my knee against anything. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You described that the pain gets worse on kneeling (direct pressure), which means two or three things: Following the fall, you may have either have had a bone bruise, which is still tender to touch. A subperiosteal hematoma, which can be quite tender. Or you may...  Read Full »

Can knee arthroscopy cause scoliosis and pain?

Query: Hello doctor,I have mild scoliosis convex to the left and was wondering if a left knee arthroscopy can be the cause of my posture and/or pain issues. For example, sitting, standing. Also, having scoliosis, would that cause a blood clot (pulmonary embolism) after this surgery? With being a severe ast...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Scoliosis is a structural problem and knee pain will not cause this. Arthroscopy can rarely lead to a clot formation but is not necessarily a known risk factor for DVT (deep vein thrombosis) as you are likely to mobilize very quickly and the procedure is usually shor...  Read Full »

Kindly explain my knee MRI taken for pain and clicking sound.

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to get help reading knee MRI. Based on physical examination: Acute medial meniscus tear. Pain, clicking sound and cannot do activities.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note the images are sub-optimal for giving a professional report as we need to see the images in detail at the workstation computer (attachment removed to protect patient identity). However, my observations after viewing the images sent by you are the following: ...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.