Knee Pain

What could be the severe knee pain above patella that subsides on painkillers?

Query: Hello doctor, We are looking for a second opinion on my friend's MRI scan of both the knee joints as he is experiencing excruciating pain just above the patella. He has a sudden onset of severe pain on both the knee joints about two weeks ago. Previously he had a similar episode about two to thr...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I viewed the right and left knee MRI images. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Left knee: The MRI, left knee joint shows a complex tear in the posterior horn of the medial meniscus area and mild left knee joint effusion. There is some fluid between the...  Read Full »

Is surgery necessary for the pain from waist to leg and foot with occasional numbness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having back, knee and foot pain and numbness for some time. So, I am wondering if I should see professional help? It started about a year or more ago, and then it was merely the lower left side of my back. It would go numb for a brief time after riding for about thirty or ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniiq.com. Your symptoms (back pain radiating in the knee and leg) are suggestive of a bulging (slipped) intervertebral disc in the lumbar region, which is causing irradiating radicular pain in the knee. For this reason, I would recommend consulting with a neurologist for a ph...  Read Full »

I am having knee pain. How to manage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having knee pain. How will I manage it?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your knee pain could be due to many reasons but common ones are chondromalacia, pain due to knee instability, inflammation due to an underlying pathology or just degenerative joint disease, etc. What was the cause of onset of pain in your knees and what has been the to...  Read Full »

I have knee pain after meniscus surgery. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had meniscus surgery before two and a half weeks. Still there is a kind of swelling around my knee. I feel little pain outside the knee and also there is still a cracky noise when I bend. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Meniscal injury leads to swelling and pain in the knee joint, so apply ice packs. Use hinged knee brace throughout the day remove it only at night.¬†Apply a crepe bandage of 6 inches below the hinged knee brace from the toe to the mid thigh. Take any over-the-counter avai...  Read Full »

What causes sudden knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor,My wife is suffering from left knee pain. While walking, she drags her left leg. But, she can fold her knee normally. It started a few months ago without any cause. What is it?  Read Full »

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to check out the x-ray of knee. There may be a possibility of osteoarthritis. Your treatment will depend on the x-ray report. Revert back with the knee x-ray to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medi...  Read Full »

Why do I have a problem with my right knee?

Query: Hi doctor, One year back, I had problem in my right knee like loose feeling, instability, slight pain, etc. When I consulted a doctor, he suggested Cartigen-Duo, Miol-OD and Acepark gel. In x-ray he found that the pain was due to cartilage damage in knee. I continued full course of medicine and afte...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history as well as the images attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with it. The history points towards a diagnosis of internal derangement of knee, which means injury to the soft tissues in and around the knee providing stabil...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with chondromalacia patella with pain around knee cap. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I feel pain in my knees only when I climb downstairs. I feel pain below around knee cap. I am 48 years old and was quite active in running and sprints. My MRI shows nothing and doctors are stating chondro patella. I am on rest but no big difference in four months. All medical traits...  Read Full »

Dr. Chintan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you have pain in the knee going downstairs. It is good that your knee MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) is normal which means you do not have something major to worry about. Regarding Chondromalacia patella as diagnosed, it is usually due to just softening ...  Read Full »

I get severe stomach pain and cramps. Could hormonal imbalance be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 13 years old. I get horrible stomach pains and my doctor thinks I have acid reflex my mom thinks because I have a hormonal imbalance that I am getting bad stomach cramps. She thinks it is the hormones that are doing it but I do not think so. I think it has to do with that it is so ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, you have multiple problems. I want to ask you a few things. Since how much time you are suffering from pain in the stomach? What is the exact location of the pain? Above umbilicus, or around the umbilicus, or below that? Is there any association of meals wit...  Read Full »

Is surgery the best option for knee stiffness with walking difficulty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I have pain, stiffness and cracking or creaking sound in both the knees and joints. Pain is persisting for 24 hours and there is difficulty in walking. There are some other symptoms apart from pain which I have listed below: Locking of joints and stiffness if I si...  Read Full »

Dr. Saseendar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The main findings of the reports are as follows: Left knee: rupture of anterior horn of medial meniscus and posterior horn of lateral meniscus. Right knee: rupture of posterior ho...  Read Full »

Why am I unable to walk without crutches and bend the knee backwards after knee injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I am a soccer player, and I have some wear and tear on my knees and ankles because of it, although I never had a significant injury. About a week and a half ago I injured my knee while playing soccer. My foot was not planted when I injured my knee, so I do not...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will recommend that you do see your doctor as the markers of a significant injury are there, immediate pain and swelling, inability to bear weight, persisting swelling, etc. Even if we over-diagnose and nothing came out of the investigation like an MRI (magnetic re...  Read Full »