Common "Knee Pain" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Knee Pain

Knee pain can be due to a localized injury or trauma causing a torn ligament, tendon, meniscus, fracture, bursitis, tendinitis, obesity, arthritis, overuse (runner's knee), gout, etc. Although pain due to minor injury resolves on its own, diagnosis and correction of the underlying cause are essential to get rid of long-standing severe knee pain. Weight reduction is necessary to treat the present or prevent future knee pain in obese people. Adequate rest, physiotherapy, knee braces, surgery, medication, etc., are the available treatment options based on the diagnosis.