Knee Pain

What causes recurring knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 21-year-old female with a weight of 52 kilograms and a height of five feet two inches. I have recurring knee pain and sometimes it occurs alternatively from left and right. Why do I have it? It hurts me a lot and it keeps on coming back even though I am not giving any stress on them...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are some conditions that causes knee pain. It can occur due to irritation of soft tissues or lining of the knee or torn cartilage or strained tendons, trauma due to overuse of knee cap, misalignment of the kneecap due to complete or partial dislocation of the knee...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have osteoarthritis in both knees?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38-year-old female. I have knee pain in both knees out of injury-induced, and earlier I had knee osteoarthritis as by the X-ray report. How do I improve?  Read Full »

Dr. Suman Saurabh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your injury. It is very rare to see osteoarthritis in both knees after trauma. You might be having early degenerative osteoarthritis or maybe chondromalacia patella. One thing I would like to ask if you have any other joint pain or morning st...  Read Full »

Is psoriatic arthritis considered a disability?

Query: Hello doctor, I told my dermatologist I probably have psoriatic arthritis. I have knee pain that I take Advil to get through the day at work. I was also told to get on Cosentyx, but it is too expensive for me. What other options do I have?  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, it is a possibility that your knee is getting affected by psoriatic arthritis, but we should also rule out underlying osteoarthritis priorly, for which an x-ray would be sufficient (if they have done it, you can attach the reports). Secondly, I would like to kn...  Read Full »

What does arthritis in the knee feel like?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 42-year-old woman who is a non-smoker and fit person, but I experience pain in my legs and feet. It started with a swollen and stiff knee, and then the pain moved to the other knee, then it goes to my feet. I cannot walk or do sit-ups without feeling constant pain. It goes away, and...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It can be due to arthritis only, but sometimes kidney dysfunction can lead to swelling in limbs. I would like to see your MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) and x-ray reports, and then I can let you know if there is any information on soft ti...  Read Full »

Please go through my X-ray and suggest a treatment for my knee pain.

Query: Hi doctor, Two years ago, I was injured while playing volleyball. I ignored the pain around my kneecap at that time, and it was fine after a week. After a year, I started getting sudden pain in my right knee. The pain is like locking the knee joint. The pain becomes severe while riding a bike. There...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no obvious bony injury (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but your ligaments might be a problem while you sustained the trauma. Is there any swelling? If the pain is not coming down or becoming more in spite of treatment, then you need to get an M...  Read Full »

What can cause pain starting from the left side of the hip to the leg?

Query: Hello doctor,This query is about the pain in my mother's veins, which started from her left side of her hip and spread to her whole leg. This pain is unbearable. She is 46-years-old. Her height and weight are 5'4" and 83 kg. She has a problem with her knees too due to overweight.Kindly advise me of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kapil Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you describe the pain a little more and share some pictures of the affected leg if possible. Does the pain occur on moving the leg? Is the pain like a current-like sensation from the hip to the leg? Is there any change of color in the affected leg? Is there...  Read Full »

Please suggest some exercise for back pain that radiates to the right leg, hip, knee, and foot.

Query: Hello doctor, I have back pain that earlier moves to my right leg through the hip, knee, and to the downside of the foot. During the last year, it had started in the left leg also. Though left side pain does not move to the foot at the hip, it pinches like a needle while driving. During the lockdow...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I got your point and understand how you feel when it pains. As per MRI reports you mentioned, it is an LBA (low backache) that radiated to the leg and now shifting to the left lower body. And about your cervical problem, maybe there is nerve compression, and neck pain ...  Read Full »

Why am I getting knee pain when I stand up for the last three months?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I have knee pain for three months. I used to get the pain when I sit and stand up. The pain used to last for about 2 to 3 minutes. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Your knee pain could be due to certain reasons, but common ones are chondromalacia, pain due to knee instability, inflammation, etc. Can you kindly tell me when you have this knee pain, what was the cause of the onset of symptoms, and what invest...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe knee pain whenever I sit and stand up?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. I have a query regarding my knee-knocking sound. I have a bad pain for the past two days. I feel the pain when I am sitting and standing up. I have this knee-knocking problem for the past three years. Is this anything serious? Do I have to do some tests? I often have...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes our knees make a sound when we stand up because there is bone patella and so when we stand up, it slides down and so we hear the sound. Apart from that, you have pain. It is not normal and you can have it due to injuries or inflammation. First of all, I su...  Read Full »

Is EMS effective for kneecap problems?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 16 years old. My weight is 57 kilograms. I am facing a knee cap problem since I was ten years old. My knee muscles are too weak, so the doctor asked me to use EMS? Should I use it, and is it effective? If it is, then which one should I use and how? Also, does it have side effect...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. In my opinion, you can use EMS (electrical muscle stimulation) if your doctor prescribed it. It should be used twice daily, and you need to top it with a simple knee strengthening exercise. For a proper prescription of knee stabilization exercise...  Read Full »