Knee Pain

Can I get joint replacement immediately after varicose vein treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, My uncle has blood sugar, which is under control. He had laser treatment for varicose vein in the last month for one leg. Now, the doctor suggested that he needs to go for joint replacement for both the legs. Some of the doctors saying that there is some complexity as he had treatment for...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Joint replacement surgery increase the chance of thromboembolic events, especially if you are immobilized after the surgery. My recommendation is to avoid the stress of second surgery and wait for a couple of months before going for total knee replacement surgery. For ...  Read Full »

What causes recurring knee pain?

Query: No current medications Female Age: 21 Height: 5'2/159 cm Weight: 115 lbs (last known) Why do I always have recurring knee pain...sometimes alternates from left and right... It hurts so much and it keeps coming back even though im not exerting stress on them such as from running.  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Dear, Sending Love and peace to you ! My dear there are some condition which causes knee pain . Irritation of the soft tissues or lining of the knee, worn or torn cartilage, or strained tendons Condition which causes knee pain are overuse trauma to the kneecap misalignment of the kneecap comp...  Read Full »

What are the causes of pain radiating from the hip to toe?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 43 years old and was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis 3 months back. Her lab reports are as follows: Serum uric acid : 4.3 mg/dl RF igM antibody : 132.1 Units/ml Her treatment was initiated with defcort 6mg for a week, methotrexate 15mg weekly for 3 months, HCQS 200 da...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishav Bansal

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Pain radiating from hip to toe is due to sciatica not due to rheumatoid arthritis. You will nerve suppressing painkillers for that and physiotherapy for that. Regarding other joint pain, we need to confirm whether it is due to rheumatoid arthritis after detailed history. We may need to increa...  Read Full »

How to regain the strength of my knees?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I have a little problem that effects my daily hobbies. I play basketball and play in such a way that I am constantly running and jumping at maximum effort each time. When I was a little bit younger, I had a pretty bad case of Osgood-Schlatter disease. It was from consta...  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth Nara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the description, your symptoms are as similar to Osgood-Schlatter disease. This problem is usually seen in the active adolescent age group, mostly affected region are the places where your tendons and bone come together. In your case, the growing tibial tuberosity...  Read Full »

How to fix hip, knee and back pain due to frequent masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old male. I have been getting hips, legs, knees, and back pain issues when masturbating. I usually masturbate four to five times a week, sometimes I can go two to three days without masturbating. I have cracking noises in my hips and knees and my quad muscles feel over...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry about your health condition. Masturbation usually may not cause weakness or muscle problems. So do not worry, the possible causes for your problem is 1. Panic attacks or anxiety which lead to increased tension in muscles. 2. Hypocalcemia. 3. Fibromyalgia. ...  Read Full »

How long will knee pain and bruise last after a fall in elder patients?

Query: Hello doctor, Two months ago my mother fell down on her knees but did not seem to complain. Recently, she did a bit of house work for a few days and her knee is in pain especially in the back where you bend your leg. Pain is also notable when she sits down for an hour or longer and gets up, and als...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother has osteoarthritis of the knee and the fall may have stirred this further. The pain that you describe is at the back of the knee this can come from the knee cap as well as the degenerative tear of the medial meniscus. As there are a very little mechanical...  Read Full »

What do high uric acid and joint pain indicates?

Query: Hello doctor, I have high uric acid levels and mild pain in random joints. I would like to know about hyperuricemia management. Please help.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Definitely, your uric acid is very high. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). To discuss about the management, I would need to know, since when are you having these symptoms? Only small joints are involved or large joints like knee, elbow are also invol...  Read Full »

What causes knee pain and swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have knee pain in both the legs and it is paining alternatively for the past 1.5 years. Pain starts with swelling around the knee and stay for three to four hours and the pain will be at least once in one to two months. I feel like pinching with needle in the feet. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Senduran N

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your complaints and also gone through the reports carefully (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to have a preceding streptococcal A infection. I would like to know if you had any history of skin or throat infection left untreated or ...  Read Full »

Please suggest medication for my mom's severe knee pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am writing this on behalf of my mother. She is 60 years old and weighs about 86 kg. Her complaint is very extreme pain on the knee (left leg). This issue started one year ago and we consulted orthopedics who applied an injection on her knee after verifying an x-ray report and prescri...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your x-rays show (attachment removed to protect patient identity), grade 2-3 arthritis (4 is worst) in both knees, however, the x-ray picture does not always match with the clinical symptom as is in your case. I will recommend that you take a course of anti-inflamma...  Read Full »

Please suggest some exercise for back pain that radiates to the right leg, hip, knee, and foot.

Query: Hello Doctor, I have a back pain that earlier moves to my right leg through hip, knee and upto downside of foot. For last one year it has been started in left leg also. Though left side pain doesn't move to foot but at hip it pinches like a needle while driving specialy. Now during lock down due to...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi. i got your point and understand how you feel when it pains. as per MRI reports you mentioned, its a LBA (low back ache) which radiated to leg and now shifting to left lower body as well. and about your cerical problem may be there's a nerve compression and that neck pain radiating to shoulder i...  Read Full »