Knee Pain

How can I manage constant pain in the right knee?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old male. I had a sudden onset pain in the right knee after a twist during cleaning the house. Initially, it was diagnosed as ligament tear but later no tear was detected on repeated MRI. The pain is not resolving with Methotrexate 20 mg, Prednisolone 10 mg, Etoricoxib 1...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivasa Chennareddy

Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send the MRI reports of the knee. May I know who diagnosed the tear on MRI? For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician  Read Full »

Will lowering high TSH value help with pain in my leg and knee area?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42-year-old female. I am a thyroid patient and going through a lot of pain around my leg and knee area. I am unable to walk properly and the pain is constant. So I recently did a blood test and the report showed high TSH rate which is about 29.423 ulU/mL   Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your thyroid tests (attachment removed to protect patient identity) show that you have hypothyroidism. Your thyroid hormone T4 is low and TSH is quite high. So you need to start your medication. Please take Levothyroxine 50 mcg once daily before breakfast. When you ...  Read Full »

Why do I have knee pain 12 years after surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I had arthroscopic knee bilateral chondromalacia patella joint debridement done before 12 years. Now, the pain had started again and I am having some swelling. Please suggest what I should do.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here are a few suggestions. I suggest anti-inflammatory tablet like Voveran 75 mg (Diclofenac) twice a day after meals. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent. For swelling use a compression bandage and ice the area for 20 minu...  Read Full »

What does my knee MRI actually indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I slipped from the bike and hurt my right knee. Though it is causing less pain during normal walk, it is hurting a lot while walking on stairs. I visited an orthopedic surgeon and he told me to take an MRI. The MRI report is as follows. Impression: Grade 3 tear involving the po...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been ideal if you had posted your MRI films for me to see as without them I can only comment and answer your questions with limited knowledge of your condition. Cysts are not an immediate result of trauma. They develop over time and may have preceded trau...  Read Full »

How to get rid of headache, lower back pain, and knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, Two months ago, I started experiencing very bad lower back pain followed with knee pain. Initially, I felt the pain only when I walk, but now I feel it all the time. Three days ago, my stomach hurt so bad that I had to go home early. The same night, I got an excruciating headache. I went ...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like you have been overstressed and have taken your friend's incident too seriously. However, if you are sexually active, then get a urine pregnancy test done with early morning urine sample. Headache could be because of stress, strain, anxiety, work pressure, ch...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment options for knee and foot pain.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old man. I have the following problems while walking. Foot pain in the early morning after walking or after sitting for a long period of time. It was diagnosed a few years ago as plantar fasciitis. I use shoes with special support, insoles and cushion on the socks. Also...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concern about pain in sole and knee joint. As per your provided information, it is clear that due to improper walking patterns and imbalance in muscles of foot, weight distribution in sole altered and after a long time slowly you developed knee pain...  Read Full »

Is EMS effective for kneecap problems?

Query: Hello doctor i am 16 yrs old. My weight is 57kg..i am.facing kneecap problem since i was 10..my knee muscles are too weak..so the doctor prescribed me to use ems? should i use it?is it effective..if it is then which one should i use and how?also does it have side effects? Thanks. I will be waiting f...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, I read your concern In my opinion you can use ems if your doctor r prescribed... Possible be used twice daily and need to top it activation with simple knee strengthening exercises.. For a proper prescription of knee stabilisation exercises you should get a thorough investigation of your k...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe knee pain whenever I sit and stand up?

Query: Hello doctor hope you are well i have a query regarding my knee-knocking voice and had very bad pain just started from last 2 days i feel pain whenver i sit and stand up and the knee knocking problem is been like 3years please advice is any thing serious or do i have go for some tests much my age i...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq Thank for asking me i am doing well i checked the information you wrote and i am concern about you. Actually sometimes our knee makes sound when we stand up because there is a bone patella so when we stand it slides down and we can hear that sound. But as mentioned apart fr...  Read Full »

Do knee pain and muscle spasm common in diabetics?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49-year-old female. I am a diabetic for the past six years. Nowadays, I have pain on both knees with heaviness and cramps that remains throughout the day. As a result, I am not able to walk properly. I consulted doctors and they advised me to take Calcium. In spite of taking th...  Read Full »

Dr. Tejash Patel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your complaints, there may be chances of nerve root compression, which causes pain in legs. Many times nerve that supplies legs are coming out of the spinal cord, and the function of these nerve roots are hampered due to compression at spinal cord level....  Read Full »

Is my knee pain due to high uric acid?

Query: I tested my kft and lft my sgpt is 60 sgot 54 my uric acid 9 now days pain in my knee  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Sir can you send me reports Because you didn’t me units 9 what 9mg or mmol or umol/l And are you taking any medicine since when do you have pain ?  Read Full »