Labia Minora Hypertrophy

Why my vulva remains pooping out?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I have been masturbating since last seven years for an average of twice a week or less. I found my vulva is popping out that is,¬†labia majora and labia minora. I am not sexually active and have not had sex with any one yet. Why does the organ pop out?  Read Full »

Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I got to know about your concern. I had a look at the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and I feel that it is just minimal hypertrophy of labia minora. Such excess growth of labia minora is possible. Nothing needs to be done if it is no...  Read Full »

Why do I have small painful bumps on my labia with itching?

Query: Hello doctor, I started with burning when I pee, but it felt different than a normal UTI. Some small bumps seen on the labia appeared like ingrown hairs but itched and hurt when touched. I tested negative for herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and trichomoniasis. Severe back and pelvic pain began, with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the symptoms you mentioned and also the treatment you have taken. The lesion you said is an STD, possibly chancroid. It would help if you took the recommended antibiotics for chancroids like tablet Azithromycin 1 gm single dose or Erythromycin 500...  Read Full »

What is the flesh sticking out of my vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old and I have noticed that there is a piece of flesh that sticks out slightly from my vagina. I thought it was my clit but I do not know if it is right. It slightly comes out and I do not like the way it looks. Does anyone know what it may be?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears to be clitoral hypertrophied hood, which is often a natural development in women and can vary from women to women. However, this needs to be locally examined by your gynecologist to confirm and differentiate from labia minora hypertrophy. This can be surgi...  Read Full »