Q. My vulva is popping out. Why?

Dr. Shalaka Joshi
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2021

I am a 24 year old female. I have been masturbating since last seven years for an average of twice a week or less. I found my vulva is popping out that is, labia majora and labia minora. I am not sexually active and have not had sex with any one yet. Why does the organ pop out?

#

I got to know about your concern.

I had a look at the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and I feel that it is just minimal hypertrophy of labia minora.

Such excess growth of labia minora is possible. Nothing needs to be done if it is not hurting you regarding pain or irritation while walking.

If you are more concerned regarding cosmetic part of it, then it can be corrected surgically. However, these are not going to hamper your sex life in future.

You need to keep your weight under control to avoid further discomfort. Ideal weight for you should be 52 kg.

Another piece of advice for you would be to avoid wearing tight undergarments, tight pants and leggings to minimize discomfort if it is present. Take care.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|