Q. I cannot concentrate on anything. Is it due to PCOD?

Dr. Ruhi Satija
Published on May 25, 2019

I cannot concentrate on anything. My mind is not stable. I have my exams in next eight days but I am feelling like I do not want to give it because due procastination, I have not prepared well and it is because I was not able to study but now my parents are forcing me to give that exam and due to which we have an argument and always during that argument, I just want to leave the house.

I do want to study but I am not able to concentrate and focus on it. Also, I am suffering from PCOD. Is it the reason for my unstable mind?

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Psychiatry
#

PCOD does lead to some hormonal disturbance, do you have any symptoms of PMS? Premenstrual syndrome? Because that might be an explanation of your mood swings and irritability. As for the lack of concentration issue, start small with some breathing exercises and relaxation techniques, try guided meditation.

For procrastination, it is often a reaction to stress, because we know the the work is stressful, to avoid it, brain goes on procrastination mode.Start with breaking the task in smaller chunks and do it like if you have to finish two chapters in a day, divide the number of pages per hour, then divide in 30 minute slot. Then just put an alarm for 30 minutes and read. Try this out and let me know if you need anything else.

| 

Please suggest a treatment for feeling sad and depressed all the time.

Query: Dear doctor, I am a 21 year old male. I feel quite sad and depressed. I do not even want to perform daily routine. My life is monotonous. I get a lot of negative thoughts. I am so lazy and feel like I do not want to live. I am weak and I lack concentration. I do not feel like going out of my house....  Read Full »

I procrastinate a lot. Is it psychological? Can it be rectified?

Query: Dear doctor,I am 34 years old and am married with two kids, the youngest of the two is 5 months. I have three queries.I procrastinate a lot. Is it psychological? Can it be rectified?I have low self-esteem. Things which happened in my past keep coming to my mind and it hurts me. My mum has told me th...  Read Full »

How to overcome the unwanted sex I had?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I am straight but yesterday I had anal sex with my friend. I feel I took wrong decision. It is remembering me a lot. I want to forget that. My mind is not concentrating now. Kindly help.  Read Full »