Q. My problem is over-thinking a situation and also sleeping disorder. Please help.

Dr. Shazia Anjum

• My problem is over-thinking a situation and also sleeping disorder.
  • During some of my personal issues I am thinking too much.
  • So, this leads to lack of sleep and illness causing other problems.
  • First thing I want to know is how to control my feelings and my mind.
  • Please suggest me a treatment for good sleep and anti-stress medications.
#

I would like to know the answers for the following before treating you.

• Do you have these symptoms every day or do have these problems only during stress?
  • Do you consume any type of drugs, alcohol or any other medications?
  • Do you feel anxiety when you talk to a new person, or any person who is on a higher authority even though not related to you?
  • Are you able to concentrate on work?
  • Do these problems cause any impairment in your performance?
  • Do you have any medical illness like diabetes or hypertension?

Revert back with the answers to a psychiatrist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

• I have these problems very frequently.
  • I do not have any drug or alcohol addictions.
  • As you have mentioned, while talking to someone or while going to an interview I feel very anxious.
  • Because of this I am not able to concentrate on my works.
  • I think, the reason behind all these could be a bad habit of mine. I keep thinking that I am having sex and I have very high sexual feelings.
  • I keep getting negative thoughts and I need to stop my negative thoughts. I need to concentrate on my work. I want good sleep and positive thoughts. 
  • I am a post graduate student. Actually, when I am studying I am very active. I actively organize functions.
  • But during some issues I am like this and I have fear of such a situation.

Please help me doctor. Thank you.

#

• First of all, I would like to tell you that the problems which you have in stress are very natural and almost everyone experience to some extent.
  • And about sexual addiction, I want to make it clear that it is not an addiction.
  • Most of the men remain preoccupied with these thoughts most of the time of the day.
  • But yes you do have anxiety problem which is more than the normal and I would like to treat the same. 
  • For that I am going to start a low dose - tablet Daxid 50mg (Sertaline) once in the morning, for 15 days and tab Etirest 0.25mg (Etizolam) once in the morning and once in the after noon, for 15 days. 
  • I am not putting you on any night time medication so that you can have your natural cycle. But if you are not able to sleep at night in stressful situations, only then you can take tablet Zapiz 0.25mg (Clonazepam) only when needed. 
  • You will start having improvement within 3 weeks, and we will continue it for 3-6 months. 
  • I would like to review after 15 days. I am sure you will start feeling well within few days.

Revert back to a psychiatrist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|