Negative Thoughts

Negative thoughts affect my studies since I entered puberty. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 17 year old girl. I am suffering from tension-like feeling about everything around me since I entered puberty. I have very very low power of decision making. All this has now affected my studies. Now, I am very worried about my studies. I do not know what to do. If I found my per...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you need to reduce thinking so much about all these issues. Most of the issues resolve with time and on their own. Your priority should be studies only. Just focus on one thing at a time. Try to work hard and perform well. Once it improves, you will get so...  Read Full »

I find it difficult to concentrate and get sleepy, when I start studying. What is wrong with me?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student who is currently preparing for a competitive exam, and I am feeling very low and have a lot of negative thoughts. I have a very good family, who have fulfilled all my wishes. When it comes to my studies, even my parents never forced me to study more than my capacity. All ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I feel there is anhedonia (loss of pleasure in almost all activities) and pessimistic attitude despite having high ambitions. The conflict in the thought process and behavior is causing more problems than any...  Read Full »

Why do I stress myself while learning sports?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ADHD and I am currently on Vyvanse. I am a football player. I perform badly when I am under pressure. When I get a simple instruction, I feel like it as so tough. But, when I am practicing or alone, I can enjoy myself and play well. Even though I enjoy football and love the sport, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to get frustrated very easily. You are also unable to handle disappointments. Success and failure are two sides of the same coin. Take up a failure as a challenge and you will never get disappointed. Also, when you are impulsive your thinking is disorganized an...  Read Full »

How to stop thinking about a guy I am obsessed with?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old female. For the last few years, I am thinking about a guy all the time. I do so when I am busy at work time also. I have horrible experiences in the past without him. I do not have so many friends to hang out and not even an option to do so. I get negative thoughts a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Kumar

Answer: Hello doctor, I think that at the age of 20-30 years it is common for a girl to think about a guy. But in your case, this thinking is so much that affects your daily activities, even you are going to a depressive state. So it is necessary to stop these thoughts.  Read Full »

Can I be able to function normally with my mixed thoughts of anger, sadness and self hurting?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel rather extremely angry than at the same time, very sad. I always have this very gory thoughts that I wanted to kidnap and torture the person I hate and again, at the same time, I want to hurt myself because I am so incompetent and I always feel like all the people think the sam...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long have you been experiencing these symptoms like extreme anger, sadness, and other difficult emotions? Has there been anything ongoing stressors in your life that affects you negatively? From the information you have provided, it appears that you are stressed,...  Read Full »

I have problems focusing on things. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have lots of problem in focusing on things. I do lack of confidence in dealing with public and get nervous in social gathering. I become irritated when something wrong happens and always have negative ideas. I have hydrophobia too. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Presence of negative thoughts, irritability, irrational fear and low self-esteem indicates toward possibility of clinically major depressive disorder. I like to assure you that this is totally treatable condition and there i...  Read Full »

I get frustrated with negative thoughts and short temper. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I get frustrated even for very small things. I take too much stress before starting some work and thinking that it will not work and also my temper is becoming too high. Whenever I get angry I cannot control myself. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand it must be really hard for you to be in this situation. What you are describing looks like an anxiety disorder. There is nervousness in starting anything new because the mind has negative thoughts which overwhelm you and make you feel it might not wo...  Read Full »

My wife has thoughts of hurting our baby. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am in a relationship and I need to give you her background. As a child growing up she was sexually and physically abused. She has a couple diagnoses however today she confided in me that she was having thoughts of hurting people and our one year old daughter. I can guarantee she wou...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would advise you to start her on medications. The thought of hurting your child should not be taken lightly. Ofcourse she would herself never do it, but you have no idea how powerful these thoughts can be. Please make sure she is on medication and in therapy. I can...  Read Full »

I inclined towards the negative things because of bad incidents in my life. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I observed I have always inclined towards the negative side of things. Due to recent events, like heartbreak, and age-related illness of parents, feeling extremely negative, exhausted, and feeling difficulty to breathe and loss of appetite are some problems I o...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are reporting some depressive and anxiety symptoms probably related to stressful life events. It is very positive that you have started meditation and it has helped in making things better for you. Meditation helps manage stress. You can also try yoga if feasible...  Read Full »

I am negative about myself and future. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am asking for help to identify what is the things happen on me. I wonder If I am normal or have any mental illness or something else. It has been along time that I start being very negative person. I am so negative about myself, my future and everything almost every single day. I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your courage to share and seek for help. It seems that you are experiencing self-esteem issues due to being body-shamed and other stressors and challenges of life. That is why gradually you are becoming withdrawal from your friends and social activities....  Read Full »