Negative Thoughts

I inclined towards the negative things because of bad incidents in my life. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I observed I have always inclined towards the negative side of things. Due to recent events, like heartbreak, and age-related illness of parents, feeling extremely negative, exhausted, and feeling difficulty to breathe and loss of appetite are some problems I o...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are reporting some depressive and anxiety symptoms probably related to stressful life events. It is very positive that you have started meditation and it has helped in making things better for you. Meditation helps manage stress. You can also try yoga if feasible...  Read Full »

I am negative about myself and future. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am asking for help to identify what is the things happen on me. I wonder If I am normal or have any mental illness or something else. It has been along time that I start being very negative person. I am so negative about myself, my future and everything almost every single day. I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your courage to share and seek for help. It seems that you are experiencing self-esteem issues due to being body-shamed and other stressors and challenges of life. That is why gradually you are becoming withdrawal from your friends and social activities....  Read Full »

Should I tell my partner about my OCD, stammer, and libido problems?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I am suffering with OCD and I stammer for past 15 years along with laziness and tiredness all the time. My appetite is not good and so my weight is approximately 53 to 55 kg only. I have changed many psychiatrists in last 15 years. I had Nexito 20 mg, Ciplar 40 m...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read the query, and I can understand your concern. You have OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) and co-morbid anxiety. The combination of Fluoxetine 20 mg and 10 mg Escitalopram (Nexito) was totally irrational. It is not advisable to take two SSRIs (Selective se...  Read Full »

What can be done for lack of concentration and negative thoughts?

Query: Hello doctor, My child is 18 years old and has been preparing for the entrance exam for the past one year. He did well in some of the topics he covered but four months back, he got some negative thoughts and started complaining about less concentration. He became excited, irritated and got disturbe...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is quite common for 18-year-olds to become stressed when preparing for school final and college entrance examinations. With appropriate care and encouragement, you can support your child to handle to stress appropriately. Kindly do not put too much pressure on him...  Read Full »

How to stop a panic attack naturally?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a horrible panic attack two weeks ago. My arms and legs went numb. Even now, I am having trouble with them and my balance. What can I do to stop this?  Read Full »

Dr. M K Rathore

Andrologist, Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment includes some medicines and psychotherapy. Medication includes antidepressants (SSRI's, TCI), antianxiety drugs. It is better to see a doctor before taking any medicine as the best medication for your panic attacks will depend on a variety of factors, l...  Read Full »

I have lack of concentration, memory problems and negative thoughts. Please help

Query: Hello doctor, I have symptoms related to the mind and body. I have no clarity in thinking. I cannot make any decisions. Even if I do, the moment I make the decision, I get negative thoughts and a sudden jerk in my mind with a sensation of fear. Also, I have on and off memory issues. It appears fine ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. Regarding the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I like to comment on the following things. Your vitamin B12 deficiency is corrected. There is excessive vitamin B12 in yo...  Read Full »

I feel so down and inferior to everyone. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel so down and inferior to everyone. While growing up, I got everything I wanted. I had the best childhood. I was not the most pleasant kid though. I was mean and I wish now I could change it. I thought I was the cool kid. In middle school, I was bullied without actually letting it ge...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is said that a child is a father of man. Ever wondered what does that even mean? It means what we are as an adult is the end result of our childhood experiences. Our desires, traumas, fears and impulses all are working with our unconscious mind. These are the basic dri...  Read Full »

Please suggest some tips to stop feeling guilty about masturbation.

Query: Hello doctor, I am very frustrated with my life, and I have lost every hope in life. I did excess masturbation in the past, and now I am suffering from many symptoms from the past four years. The symptoms are post-void dribbling, slow urine speed, and precum after urination. After urinating, I feel ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like you to know that masturbation does not cause any weakness, sexual dysfunction, or any ill effect, contrary to popular belief. It is the guilt associated with it, it being labeled wrong culturally which causes problems. In my opinion, you sh...  Read Full »

Can masturbation cause negative thoughts?

Query: Hello doctor, I masturbate daily. I have problem of negative thoughts and going through little depression. Some links says that it is due to masturbation. I am already taking homeopathic medicine for my depression. Please suggest some medicine for depression. I am taking homeopathy medicines for the...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Masturbation will never cause these problems as you are having. Semen is produced daily. So, even if you do daily there is no harm. But, too much of anything is bad as you can utilize your time for something useful to you. You have not mentioned your age. I suggest ...  Read Full »

Why do a lot of thoughts prevent me from falling asleep?

Query: Hi doctor, I cannot sleep early at night and cannot wake up early in the morning. I normally sleep at around 2 AM and wake up at 10 AM in the morning. I am also very tensed when I try to sleep, lots of thoughts come to my mind regarding my life, my past, and my future. I think unnecessary things. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you are concerned about your sleep timing and have difficulty in initiating sleep due to excessive thoughts. Sleep problem may be due to stress or tension. Since childhood, you have been sleeping late at night, so it might have become your...  Read Full »