Negative Thoughts

I have problems focusing on things. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have lots of problem in focusing on things. I do lack of confidence in dealing with public and get nervous in social gathering. I become irritated when something wrong happens and always have negative ideas. I have hydrophobia too. Please help.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Presence of negative thoughts, irritability, irrational fear and low self-esteem indicates toward possibility of clinically major depressive disorder. I like to assure you that this is totally treatable condition and there i...  Read Full »

I get frustrated with negative thoughts and short temper. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I get frustrated even for very small things. I take too much stress before starting some work and thinking that it will not work and also my temper is becoming too high. Whenever I get angry I cannot control myself. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand it must be really hard for you to be in this situation. What you are describing looks like an anxiety disorder. There is nervousness in starting anything new because the mind has negative thoughts which overwhelm you and make you feel it might not wo...  Read Full »

My wife has thoughts of hurting our baby. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am in a relationship and I need to give you her background. As a child growing up she was sexually and physically abused. She has a couple diagnoses however today she confided in me that she was having thoughts of hurting people and our one year old daughter. I can guarantee she wou...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would advise you to start her on medications. The thought of hurting your child should not be taken lightly. Ofcourse she would herself never do it, but you have no idea how powerful these thoughts can be. Please make sure she is on medication and in therapy. I can...  Read Full »

I inclined towards the negative things because of bad incidents in my life. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I observed I have always inclined towards the negative side of things. Due to recent events, like heartbreak, and age-related illness of parents, feeling extremely negative, exhausted, and feeling difficulty to breathe and loss of appetite are some problems I o...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are reporting some depressive and anxiety symptoms probably related to stressful life events. It is very positive that you have started meditation and it has helped in making things better for you. Meditation helps manage stress. You can also try yoga if feasible...  Read Full »

I am negative about myself and future. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am asking for help to identify what is the things happen on me. I wonder If I am normal or have any mental illness or something else. It has been along time that I start being very negative person. I am so negative about myself, my future and everything almost every single day. I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your courage to share and seek for help. It seems that you are experiencing self-esteem issues due to being body-shamed and other stressors and challenges of life. That is why gradually you are becoming withdrawal from your friends and social activities....  Read Full »

Should I tell my partner about my OCD, stammer, and libido problems?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I am suffering with OCD and I stammer for past 15 years along with laziness and tiredness all the time. My appetite is not good and so my weight is approximately 53 to 55 kg only. I have changed many psychiatrists in last 15 years. I had Nexito 20 mg, Ciplar 40 m...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read the query, and I can understand your concern. You have OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) and co-morbid anxiety. The combination of Fluoxetine 20 mg and 10 mg Escitalopram (Nexito) was totally irrational. It is not advisable to take two SSRIs (Selective se...  Read Full »

What can be done for lack of concentration and negative thoughts?

Query: Hello doctor, My child is 18 years old and has been preparing for the entrance exam for the past one year. He did well in some of the topics he covered but four months back, he got some negative thoughts and started complaining about less concentration. He became excited, irritated and got disturbe...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is quite common for 18-year-olds to become stressed when preparing for school final and college entrance examinations. With appropriate care and encouragement, you can support your child to handle to stress appropriately. Kindly do not put too much pressure on him...  Read Full »

How to stop a panic attack naturally?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a horrible panic attack two weeks ago. My arms and legs went numb. Even now, I am having trouble with them and my balance. What can I do to stop this?  Read Full »

Dr. M K Rathore

Andrologist, Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment includes some medicines and psychotherapy. Medication includes antidepressants (SSRI's, TCI), antianxiety drugs. It is better to see a doctor before taking any medicine as the best medication for your panic attacks will depend on a variety of factors, l...  Read Full »

I have lack of concentration, memory problems and negative thoughts. Please help

Query: Hello doctor, I have symptoms related to the mind and body. I have no clarity in thinking. I cannot make any decisions. Even if I do, the moment I make the decision, I get negative thoughts and a sudden jerk in my mind with a sensation of fear. Also, I have on and off memory issues. It appears fine ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns.¬†Regarding the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I like to comment on the following things. Your vitamin B12 deficiency is corrected. There is excessive vitamin B12 in yo...  Read Full »

I feel so down and inferior to everyone. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel so down and inferior to everyone. While growing up, I got everything I wanted. I had the best childhood. I was not the most pleasant kid though. I was mean and I wish now I could change it. I thought I was the cool kid. In middle school, I was bullied without actually letting it ge...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is said that a child is a father of man. Ever wondered what does that even mean? It means what we are as an adult is the end result of our childhood experiences. Our desires, traumas, fears and impulses all are working with our unconscious mind. These are the basic dri...  Read Full »