Common "Negative Thoughts" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Negative Thoughts

Negative thoughts result in social and performance anxieties, which can be due to pressure to please their partners or insecurity about their capacity. It can be changed by the following: meditation, sex education, sex therapy, counseling, lifestyle changes, discussing anxiety issues with the partner, avoiding negative thoughts, etc.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have been suffering from anxiety since childhood and have negative thoughts which do not let me sleep. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have suffered from anxiety since childhood, but the symptoms have worsened. I get negative thoughts before bed and cry while imagining bad scenarios; this prevents me from sleeping, and since I do not get enough sleep, I cannot wake up during the day and go to college, etc. I cannot ...  Read Full »

Dr. Punya Mulky

Answer: Hello,Welcome to you for your query. I understand what you are going through is tough. Since you had similar symptoms before, you should start medications. Take tablet Panazep 12.5 mg, one tablet in the night for five days, followed by one tablet in the morning and one tablet in th...  Read Full »

I am harming myself due to severe anxiety and constant negative thoughts. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 15 year old, over the past three years, I have noticed myself getting into extremely negative mindsets for months at a time, and I just have no motivation to do anything. Sometimes it gets to the point where I get suicidal thoughts. I used to self-harm. These negative mindsets usuall...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for your query. What I feel about your description is that there is an element of psychiatric illness. It may be anxiety, bipolar disorder, or borderline personality disorder. A complete and detailed assessment is required before we can reach a conclusion...  Read Full »

I am an 18-year-old boy suffering from a severe mental disorder that has resulted in anxiety and negative thoughts. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old boy. I have been suffering from a severe mental disease for the past two months. My brain overthinks about all the negative things in this world. I have lost control over my brain. Every time I think about something, a sudden negative feeling comes. It has resulted ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for your query. I understand your concern. Apprehensive and negative overthinking occurs in depression and anxiety. But before concluding, we need a detailed assessment. Do not worry; your problem commonly occurs in today's world. There are very good treat...  Read Full »

I have been trying to block negative thoughts in my mind in the process of curing my depression which has started affecting my studies. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I had depression three years ago. I have been trying to block my mind when negative thoughts begin in the process of curing my depression. In the beginning, it was hard, the more I wanted to block them, the more I thought about them. But then after days and days, I trained myself to st...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. This behavior of blocking thoughts is an avoidance behavior that people usually adopt to avoid unwanted and stressful thoughts. This coping is harmful. It increases the burden in the long term. This procrastination and avo...  Read Full »

I have serious anger issues. How to cope with anger issues? Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have serious anger issues, and I cannot think positively. My mind is filled with negative thoughts, and I end up hurting people who are close to me. How to cope with anger issues? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for your query. Anger is a natural human emotion, but sometimes it can destroy our relationships. Therefore, I suggest you follow few instructions; Learn techniques that relax you and help you control your reaction when you are angry. Work on your subconsci...  Read Full »

I am 20-year-old with difficulties in sharing my feelings with others, but comfortable with myself. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 20 years old, and I find it difficult to share my feeling with my family. I fear being and start talking with myself. I feel relaxed when feelings are shared with me and can laugh, weep, and be without fear. But in front of others, I become fearful. Please help.Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query, and I can understand your concern. Most of the time we fear others' opinions about us if we share our thoughts. But it is all in our minds. What you shall do is maintain a journal and daily log down your uncensored thoughts. Firstly, it will ...  Read Full »

I often end up saying things which I do not mean to. How do I avoid this?

Query: Hi doctor, I often end up saying things which I do not want to, especially with my friends, Later it takes a toll on me. I am fine with the regrets, but I am not able to learn from my regrets. Each time, I decide not to say certain things before I meet or speak to my friend, but eventually, end up s...  Read Full »

Dr. Mascarenhas Lisa Barros

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand how you feel about it. Firstly, you should focus on changing how you react. So, on those lines, firstly, my advice to you is to keep a book to pen down your thoughts daily, especially when you say something you regret. Make three columns with. Your reactio...  Read Full »

Do persistent negative, repetitive, and scary thoughts indicate mental disorder?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having repeated thoughts in my head from the last four months. This problem started at the age of 13, but on a periodic basis like three to six months. After that, it becomes normal. When I am in this phase, I have scary thoughts, feel like mind is racing, have wavering thoughts an...  Read Full »

Dr. Mascarenhas Lisa Barros

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I wish to ask a few questions about it to clarify things. After how long does this episode recur? What is the content of your thoughts? Examples would be better. During the episodes: a) Do you get normal or less sleep? b) Do you feel very happy or angry? c) Do you like...  Read Full »

I am suffering from sleeplessness because of fear and negative thoughts. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old and have been suffering from sleeplessness for the last few days. There is unreasonable fear and negative thoughts about falling asleep, which I cannot control while sleeping, which disturb my sleep. It is tough to fall asleep due to fear; therefore, I have taken Alp...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I want to know if you have any recent stressors in life which can cause a disturbance in sleep. Also, I would like to know if you are on medication for any other comorbid medical illness. In any case, you can follow the following sleep hygiene, which can promote good sl...  Read Full »

Negative thoughts have affected my studies since I entered puberty. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 17 year old girl. I am suffering from tension-like feeling about everything around me since I entered puberty. I have very very low power of decision making. All this has now affected my studies. Now, I am very worried about my studies. I do not know what to do. If I found my per...  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Firstly, you need to reduce thinking so much about all these issues. Most of the issues resolve with time and on their own. Your priority should be studies only. Just focus on one thing at a time. Try to work hard and perform well. Once it improves, you will get some...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.