Q. What are the treatment options present for a huge uterine fibroid?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan

Do you have a question on Laparoscopy or Subserosal Fibroid? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My query is about my sister. She is a 31 year old female who is unmarried. Her height is 5 feet and she weighs 55 kg. She is suffering from huge uterine fibroid measuring 140 x 83 mm arising from the right fundus of the uterus. I would like to know what are the best treatment options available? Can natural treatments be tried upon? We have tried ayurveda, which helped only in shrinking bulky uterus but not fibroid. How serious is this condition? She is pale and underweight. Will surgery cause difficulties? Please guide.