Q. What are the treatment options present for a huge uterine fibroid?

Published on Feb 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 11, 2019

My query is about my sister. She is a 31 year old female who is unmarried. Her height is 5 feet and she weighs 55 kg. She is suffering from huge uterine fibroid measuring 140 x 83 mm arising from the right fundus of the uterus. I would like to know what are the best treatment options available? Can natural treatments be tried upon? We have tried ayurveda, which helped only in shrinking bulky uterus but not fibroid. How serious is this condition? She is pale and underweight. Will surgery cause difficulties? Please guide.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

As this is a subserosal fibroid, she is unmarried, the remaining uterus is bulky but endometrial lining is normal and there are no other intramural fibroid detected, the best form of removal for this large fibroid would be through a laparoscopic approach.

A laparoscopic myomectomy can be performed through 3 hole technique and the fibroid can be removed with the help of a morcellator by slicing it into pieces before removal through the port entry puncture hole.

After getting my teeth cleaned, why do I still have inflammation?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a teeth cleaning done, but the inflammation is still there. The dentist said that I need to get treated for a receding gum line through surgery. She said it was due to brushing hard and asked me to switch to a soft bristle toothbrush and sensodyne toothpaste. I am also awaiting ...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have successful IVF even after having multiple fibroids?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 36 years old, and I have a 2-year old daughter. I have been trying for another baby for more than a year. So I was told to go for IVF. I had an ultrasound recently, and there are multiple fibroids present. I am more worried regarding the submucosal fibroid measuring 1.8 × 1.7 ...  Read Full »

Glaucoma - an Overview of Causes, Types and Treatment

Article Overview: Most people know glaucoma as a disease associated with high intraocular pressure that is pressure in the eye. I have explained in detail about glaucoma, its causes, types, symptoms, investigations and treatment in detail in this article. Read Article

Dr. David J Mathew
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Glaucoma is an optic neuropathy, which is a disease of the optic nerve that generally progresses over time. The optic nerve connects the eye to the brain. The optic nerve damage due to glaucoma is evident in the optic nerve head, the place where the optic nerve is connected to the back of the eye. D...  Read Article