Q. What is the difference between IntraLasik and Contoura Lasik technology?

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh
Published on Nov 13, 2018

What is the difference between IntraLasik and Contoura Lasik?

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

IntraLasik is a method in which the corneal flap is taken by laser. In regular Lasik, the corneal flap is taken by a mechanical device which has a metal blade. The rest of the procedures are the same. Contoura vision is a personalized Lasik in which the laser correction is done according to the size and specifications of the individual's eye. It is something like getting a shirt specially stitched to the individual's size, whereas regular Lasik is like buying a ready-made shirt.

Can I get LASIK surgery done while on acne treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I have scheduled for LASIK eye surgery this week. I am currently using Acticlate tablets, Onexton and Epiduo (topical gel) for acne, which was prescribed by my dermatologist. Will there be any issues or side effects with LASIK surgery? I checked with my eye doctor and he said no problems...  Read Full »

Exotropia squint in the right eye, Is LASIK and squint surgery Recommended?

Query: Hello doctor,I have an exotropia squint in my right eye from the last 10 to 12 years. Presently I have a very low vision in that eye and near and far vision is blurry. I consulted an ophthalmologist and he recommended a LASIK surgery and after that a squint correction surgery a month later. Should...  Read Full »

Is it alright to have sex three days after a laser eye surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a pan-retinal photocoagulation laser (PRP laser) in my retina about three or four days ago. Can I have sexual intercourse after this treatment or is it safer to wait?  Read Full »