Q. I have a lazy eye. What should I do?

Dr. Shikha

I have a lazy eye. My right eye (sph - 0.50 cyl -0.75 axis 10 degrees) and the left eye is fine. I am 24 years old. I am a web developer, I have to work in front of the computer screen more than 13 hours. Kindly answer the following:

1. What should I do? Do I need to change my profession?
  2. Is it curable? What is the treatment?
  3. Is there any chance of getting other eye affected?
#

Are you facing any problem in vision? I do not think you will be having any problem with your vision. It does not seem to be lazy eye to me (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your right eye has a slightly subnormal vision and that may not be even noticeable. Is your eye tilted? If not and still have any problem with your vision then get your retina examined.

You need not change your profession at all. It will not do anything. Lazy eye is not curable at this age. No, another eye will not get affected by the lazy eye but yes can be involved in other diseases. Really want to know what symptoms exactly you are having because your power in the right eye is not that significant enough to use glasses.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|