Lazy Eye

I have a lazy eye. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lazy eye. My right eye (sph - 0.50 cyl -0.75 axis 10 degrees) and the left eye is fine. I am 24 years old. I am a web developer, I have to work in front of the computer screen more than 13 hours. Kindly answer the following: What should I do? Do I need to change my profess...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you facing any problem in vision? I do not think you will be having any problem with your vision. It does not seem to be lazy eye to me (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your right eye has a slightly subnormal vision and that may not be even notic...  Read Full »

How will the doctor identify my lazy eye vision percentage?

Query: Hi doctor, Other than the Snellen chart method, how doctors will check the vision of a person? I am a lazy eye person with low vision. How will the doctor identify my vision percentage?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many methods to check vision, according to the age of the patient. It is different for preverbal or verbal children and for adults. Many types of vision charts available. Snellen chart is one of them. There are ETDRS chart early treatment for diabetic ...  Read Full »

Will it be harmful if I use the glass power of the normal eye for lazy eye?

Query: Hi doctor, I had cataract operation four months ago. My left eye vision has improved from +5.0 to +2.5 with glasses. My right eye vision is +7.0. My right eye is a lazy eye, which my brain does not use. I only look through my left eye. Since I do not use this right eye, can I make the right lens of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your one eye is amblyopic, so vision will not improve with any lens power. Yes, you can use glasses of same power (+2.5 D) in both the eyes. This will not have any harmful effect on your eyes. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> h...  Read Full »

Having Lazy eye with vision problem. How can the vision be improved?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 30 years old and is having Lazy eye with vision problem, in her left eye. It is not squint. The other eye is having normal vision. How can the vision be improved?  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Onkar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lazy eye, without squint could lead to the following possibilities: 1. Amblyopia. 2.Retinal problem. 3. Neurological problem. I would advice you to: Take an ophthalmic consultation with full ophthalmic examination. Refraction test. Fundus examination. ...  Read Full »

What would you recommend for amblyopic eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old male and I have some questions about my eyesight. I have amblyopia and strabismus. When I was born, I was almost blind in my left eye around 20/200. My eye doctor made me wear glasses and patch my right eye until I was about 6. As I absolutely hated the patching I wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have explained everything very well. Whenever there is a difference in refractive status of more than 1 diopter between two eyes, there is a chance of amblyopia (lazy eye) when the brain starts ignoring the blurry eye. I think your eye doctor has done a great job that...  Read Full »

My left upper eyelid is bigger than the right. How to rectify this?

Query: Hello doctor,My left upper eyelid is bigger than the right.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the image uploaded by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is not bigger. The condition is known as ptosis, that is, the inability to move your upper lid. How long have you been like that? There are various possibilities: If it is from b...  Read Full »

I have low self esteem due to my lazy eye. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old female and my concern is that I think I have a lazy eye or I might be cross-eyed. I have attached a few pictures. I have consulted many eye care specialists in the past, and they always say my eyes are fine and that because of the epicanthic fold in my eyes, they app...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It does not look like you have either cross eyes or squint. Regarding lazy eye, we have to check your eye power. Do not be disappointed. Telecanthus is present, which means that the distance be...  Read Full »

How to correct eye muscle coordination without surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25 years old. I have a problem of left eye muscle weakness which is lazy eye and due to which my two eyeballs do not coordinate most of the time. I feel complex and low. Unfortunately, I have been an amazing student and never worried about it. I never did any exercise for it. Ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may have two distinct but inter-related problems of squint and amblyopia. Squint is the deviation of eye and amblyopia is the lazy eye. Patching will work when you are younger, usually less than 10 years of age. Squint surgery is simple, and an option if the squint is...  Read Full »

What to do for sudden vision disturbance in lazy eye?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a congenital left lazy eye, which wanders outwards and upwards. This is managed by prism glasses, currently 7 base vertically and 2 horizontally. I am managing my eye strain and daily life well in general. I do however have occasional episodes, which are not manageable. Sometimes, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lazy eye is not congenital. It is acquired due to the presence of anisometropia (difference in the refractive status of both eyes) or due to squint or due to congenital cataract or ptosis, etc. Sometimes, lazy eye tends to move out to lead to squint and for that prism ...  Read Full »

What can I do to recover my eyesight?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem with my left eye called astigmatism. My vision without glass is 1/10 and with glass it is just 3/10.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me your investigation report and other relevant details to comment further.Revert back with the reports to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist  Read Full »