Left Ventricular Hypertrophy

Is LV hypertrophy of 1.22 a serious concerned fact?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 59-year-male. I had an echo, and all results are normal except LV hypertrophy was 1.22 a little out of range. My BP is 117/77 mmHg, and presently I am not on any medication. I do exercise every day. My cardiologist said to take an echo again in two years. Is this serious?  Read Full »

Dr. Salam Salloum

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This mild LVH (left ventricle hypertrophy) is not of concern. Sometimes the echo could miss read the wall thickness. It is fine to repeat it in 1-2 years for reassurance. You could have a cardiac MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), which is much better in assessing the h...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to stop exercising to avoid any complication in LVH?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with severe LVH due to anabolic steroid abuse the past two and a half years and training for more than three hours a day. I have made lifestyle changes and lost weight but my anxiety now gets the better of me. I have a family history of bradycardia my RHR is 40s and h...  Read Full »

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your history and would like to reassure you that there is no reason to panic, as long as you have stopped physical training and anabolic steroids intake. You should know that LVH (left ventricular hypertrophy) is quite reversible in such a...  Read Full »

I got sudden palpitations, and dizziness with normal ECG and mild LVH. Is mild LVH a problem.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I am doing regular exercises, but one day at night I got sudden palpitations, dizziness feeling, high bp, so I went to the emergency room my ECG was regular, sinus tachycardia after that few tests were also done. Lipid profile was normal with no diabetes, and n...  Read Full »

Dr. Malay Shukla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I believe by regular exercise, you mean that you are involved in some muscle-building activities and some aerobic exercises. The symptoms you described were sudden onset palpitations associated with dizziness continuously, and by the time you reached ER, the palpitat...  Read Full »

I was diagnosed with LVH in ECG. Is this disease curable with Diovan?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old male. Recently I was diagnosed with LVH in ECG (possible LVH). My cholesterol level was 175, and pressure was 90/150. Now pressure came down to 80/135. I am taking Diovan 80 and I have little chest pain. Is this disease curable with this medicine? The sugar level is...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) is reversible and is caused by high blood pressure for a long time. When the heart has to exert more against raised BP, it hypertrophies just like an athlete when exercises, his muscles undergo hypertrophy, same is with heart. So wh...  Read Full »

If I quit smoking, will my RBC, hemoglobin, and PCV levels come back to normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from hypertension since few years, and I am currently on medication Telmisartan. I am an alcoholic and smoker, and I smoke approximately 15 cigarettes a day for the last five years. My current CBC report suggests high RBC, hemoglobin, and PCV. Though it reduced slightly...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The diagnosis is polycythemia. Polycythemia can be secondary or primary. Secondary polycythemia occurs because of hypoxia, which activates the oxygen sensor and more erythropoiet...  Read Full »

Does mild concentric LVH regress with medicines, exercise and proper diet?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 31 years old, weight 87 kg and height 5 feet 7 inches. I have a problem of high BP. There is little chest pain. ECG report (leftward axis). Echo report (mild concentric LVH and diastolic dysfunction and normal systolic function). LVEF 60 %. Total cholesterol 213. TSH normal....  Read Full »

Dr. Nishith Chandra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your echo is almost normal. Your current medicines appear to control your BP adequately. So, there is no need to change them. But your weight of 87 kg for your height of 5 feet 7 inches...  Read Full »

Can I know whether left ventricular hypertrophy is hereditary?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother died four months ago, due to cardiac arrhythmia which was caused by left ventricular hypertrophy. Can I know whether left ventricular hypertrophy is hereditary as I am frightened for me and for my children?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hypertrophy is a general term and it includes multiple individual diseases. Do you have her echo report or any other medical reports of the heart? The first possibility in her case is hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which is certainly hereditary and all the first degree...  Read Full »

Do I have sinus bradycardia based on the reports?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 57 years old female. I am doing my annual health check-up for last three years. Below are some variation in my report this year, with respect to normal range. Could you please share your advice regarding this:E.C.G - Sinus Bradycardia (except this normal study. Same is there in the re...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and they are fine. Even heart issue of sinus bradycardia appears to be fine. This is likely an age related change and slowing of the heart rate. I guess you do not have any symptoms o...  Read Full »

How can I control increased blood pressure and weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old male and weigh 308 kg. I always have a high blood pressure of 150/90 mmHg while meeting the doctor. The doctor always thought it was due to my anxiety. The echocardiogram results showed normal left ventricular size and function, LVEF 60 to 65 %, grade 1 diastolic dy...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The echocardiography report shows mild enlargement of the left ventricle (the chamber responsible for pumping the blood to the body) due to high pressure. It is a mild enlargement an...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for uneasiness and tiredness in a heart patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is having uneasiness and tiredness since last two days. We have consulted a physician who suggested ECG and X-rays, and both of these were normal. The physician then suggested a 2D echocardiogram. The 2D echocardiogram report says suspected bicuspid aortic valve...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your health query and can understand you are worried about your wife's cardiac issues and recent symptoms. She actually is having issues with one of the valves of the heart. It is named the aortic valve and is normally made of three leaflets o...  Read Full »