Q. I had an echo and it shows LV hypertrophy of 1. 22. Is this serious?

Dr. Salam Salloum

I am a 59-year-male. I had an echo, and all results are normal except LV hypertrophy was 1.22 a little out of range. My BP is 117/77 mmHg, and presently I am not on any medication. I do exercise every day. My cardiologist said to take an echo again in two years. Is this serious?

Dr. Salam Salloum

Cardiology
#

This mild LVH (left ventricle hypertrophy) is not of concern. Sometimes the echo could miss read the wall thickness. It is fine to repeat it in 1-2 years for reassurance. You could have a cardiac MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), which is much better in assessing the heart's walls thickness and function.

| 

Do you think I should go on a Mediterranean diet?

Dr. Salam Salloum

Cardiology
#

Mediterranean diet showed benefits in lowering cholesterol, better BP (blood pressure) and blood sugar control.

| 

Is jerky septum a normal finding on the echocardiogram?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 50 years old. My echo is normal with LVEF of 50% and dobutamine stress test negative for ischemia (LVEF of 58%). But, it shows a jerky septum? Is jerky septum a normal finding?  Read Full »

What do the symptoms of chest tightness, sweating and uneasiness suggest?

Query: Hi doctor,My son-in-law aged 44 years, slightly overweight, had symptoms of tightness of chest, sweaty palm and uneasiness. The tests showed blood pressure reading as 140/80 mmHg and ECG showed left ventricle irregularity. Please advise.  Read Full »

Should I worry about my deteriorating 2D Echocardiogram?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past three years, my 2D Echo seems to be deteriorating. My TMT is positive and CAG is recommended. Early stage cervical spondylosis too has been reported. I have attached my test reports for your reference. Currently I am taking Losar- H 25 mg. Please go through the reports an...  Read Full »