Lipase

Will quitting alcohol bring amylase and lipase levels back to normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having pancreas enzymes such as amylase and lipase at high levels. I am an alcoholic. I do not have abdomen pain, but I have little high cholesterol. Doctor advised me to stop the drink and maintain low fat diet. Will it reverse to normal if I stop drinking? I have stopped drinkin...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I have gone through the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are suffering from subacute pancreatitis. The people who consume alcohol have many attacks of subacute pancreatitis that goes unnoticed as there is no m...  Read Full »

My blood test for excess gas release shows some changes. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I took the blood test because of excess gas release and in that my red blood cells showed some impressions. Please help. I have attached my report. I am afraid and shivering. Is there any problem in my blood test?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your CBC report is normal and does not suggest a specific abnormality. The red blood cell count is within the limit so do not worry about that. In the attached report, serum amylase and lipase are elevated (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So pancreas ...  Read Full »

How to regulate amylase and lipase levels in the body?

Query: Hi doctor, My lipase and amylase are above normal with a level of 100 U/L and 192 U/L. Can you suggest some supplements to restore them?  Read Full »

Dr. Fatemeh Jadidi

Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Increased lipase and amylase level indicates a sign of other complication, and it needs to be diagnosed. Your BMI (body mass index) is 27.8 (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to reduce your weight through exercise and by following a healthy diet....  Read Full »

How to lower lipase and amylase levels?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got my routine body check up done in which my lipase has come elevated at 71 and amylase at 146. There is no nausea or fever, just upset stomach. Though I am not an alcoholic per se, before the test I was abroad for two weeks and was drinking two beers every day. Since childh...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They signify that your lipase and amylase are raised due to alcohol consumption. Since there is no problem in the liver echotexture, this can be well controlled by stopping alcohol. I ...  Read Full »

What are the measures to get the blood values in control?

Query: Hello doctor, Please find attached the blood test report. Highlighted in bold are the tests which are out of range. Can you please advice on the reasons and corrective measures to get the exceeded test values in control? Do I need to perform any follow-up tests? I have got the blood test profile ch...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I am impressed with your overall health. However, there are a few things that need to be sorted out. Your total red blood cells and hemoglobin levels are slightly increased tha...  Read Full »

When do amylase and lipase levels become normal after heavy drinking episode?

Query: Hello doctor, I drank for five days heavily and was admitted to a hospital with hangover and heartburn. They took the test and my amylase and lipase were little high. Then they gave me medicines. Past one week, I am taking Panblock morning and night and Encremin. My health is alright now but my amy...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You had a mild attack of acute pancreatitis. The amylase level shoots first and slowly decreases over two to three weeks. Lipase shoots slowly. No point in checking it very often as it usually...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my increased erratic heart palpitations?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44-year-old female with heart issues and a family history of heart attacks and heart aneurysm. I have hypertension and am I have been treated with Norvasc 5 mg and Metoprolol 25 mg in the morning and 12.5 mg in the evening. I also have PVCs, PACs, and occasional S...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cause of your palpitations seems to be from the use of GABA (gamma-Aminobutyric acid). One of the side effects of GABA is anxiety and anxiety is a big cause of palpitations. This is why the Holter monitor is not showing anything to indicate a problem. In the c...  Read Full »

Can Orlistat cause side effects on teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am going to start taking Xenical or Orlistat for about a month. Can you tell me what the side effects on the teeth are? Does it cause them to fall out or weaken them?  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Orlistat has no direct effect on calcium and vitamin D levels of the body, so a direct effect on teeth is not there. However, in very rare cases, mild bleeding from gums have been documented, but they are insignificant cases. Orlistat works by inhibiting gastric and pan...  Read Full »

Starting @ just €19.99