Q. How to lower lipase and amylase levels?

I have got my routine body check up done in which my lipase has come elevated at 71 and amylase at 146. There is no nausea or fever, just upset stomach. Though I am not an alcoholic per se, before the test I was abroad for two weeks and was drinking two beers every day. Since childhood, I have had acidity issues and upset stomach on and off. I am very anxious after my report. Please advise what to do to lower the levels. I have completely stopped taking alcohol for the last eight days. I am on Sompraz 40, Crestor 10, and vitamins.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

I have studied your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

They signify that your lipase and amylase are raised due to alcohol consumption.

Since there is no problem in the liver echotexture, this can be well controlled by stopping alcohol.

I need to know:

1. Why did you get these tests done?
  2. Do you have your liver function test reports?
  3. Why are you taking Crestor 40?

Revert with the asked details for a better help.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

| 

My cholesterol was high. So, I wanted to get the test done. There was a discount offer for a full body check up, hence I got it done. Nobody asked me to do the tests. Crestor 10 mg is statins for lowering cholesterol as prescibed by the doctor. My testosterone level is normal at 434 ng/dl. Is my lipase very high?

#

You are prophylactically taking Crestor.

I suppose you just need to stop alcohol consumption. Otherwise, asymptomatic increase in amylase and lipase needs no medication.

I hope it helps you. If you have any further query please ask me.

|