Q. What is the reason for change in liver function tests? Taking Concor 5 mg for High BP.

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

I am a 45 year old male. I have recently checked my blood test and my liver function test shows 1.6 total bilirubin, 0.6 direct bilirubin and 0.9 indirect bilirubin. What might be the problem? I have high blood pressure and fatty liver. My current medication includes Covance 25 mg, Concor 5 mg and Storvas 5 mg. I am worried. Please advise.

#

Considering your indirect bilirubin being high (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is generally a sign of hemolysis (breakdown of red blood cells).

Did you have a recent fever? You also have fatty liver, which may also cause this.

I would suggest you to repeat the test after two weeks. If it is still high, then repeat a complete liver profile with direct and indirect Coombs test, LDH (lactate dehydrogenase) and serum haptoglobin.

Revert back after two weeks to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

No, I did not have fever. I do not have any issues other than the fatty liver problem. I am afraid whether this is a symptom of any type of cancer.

#

Please do not overthink yourself. It is probably may be nothing.

Repeat the tests after two weeks. If they are not normal, then we may need to investigate further.

Revert back after two weeks with reports to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|