Low Fat Diet

I have a constipation problem, and my stomach is getting bigger. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old girl. I used to eat a lot from my childhood, but I was not that fat. I had a big belly from 13 years, and I used to hide it in my dress because I was shy of it. From about five months my stomach has become bigger. I have problems with sitting and doing daily household ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After seeing your photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), this is what I feel. The issue with your stomach and constipation is related to your lifestyle only. It appears that the level of physical activity is very less in your case and so you are facing t...  Read Full »

What should a fatty liver grade 3 patient eat and drink?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with fatty liver grade 3, so my doctor told me to correlate clinically. My SGPT and SGOT levels are normal and within limits. So, the doctor, after doing a physical examination, said that there is no need of fibroscan. He told me to eat everything but exercise a l...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Fatty liver is a condition in which, an excess of fat deposits in the liver, due to either excess fat content in diet or abnormal fat metabolism in the liver.  Reduction of fat content, not only reduces the fat level in blood but also ...  Read Full »

What causes chest pain that feels like needle poking?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male. I have a constant pricking pain in my heart. I feel like a prick with the knitting needle and also like a spark or an electric current in my heart. It started this year and occurred very randomly. I have stomach cramps, and sometimes I feel like my esophagus has ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Parvez

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having a non-cardiac chest pain. The possible cause is due to GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). The acid reflux from the stomach is coming up into the esophagus causes irritation, which you feel like needle piercing in the chest wall....  Read Full »

I am pre-diabetic. Can I take malt-based drinks once a day?

Query: Hello doctor,I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic six years ago. I have avoided sugar completely since. I would like to know whether I can take malt-based beverages once a day.  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prediabetes means you have impaired blood sugar levels. It can lead to full-blown diabetes over a few years. It is basically a component of metabolic syndrome in which insulin resistance is the central mechanism. So, it is good to avoid sugar. But, apart from ...  Read Full »

I am worried about my high triglyceride level. How to reduce it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old male. I tested my blood triglyceride and cholesterol. I have a triglyceride of 3.07 mmol/L and cholesterol of 4.33 mmol/L. I am worried about my high triglyceride level. Currently, I am taking Atenolol 25 mg in the morning. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Your triglyceride level is at a higher level than the upper normal value. Several causes increase the blood triglyceride levels. Foods rich in fats such as dairy products, and meat can increase triglyceride. Other exogenous substances may also...  Read Full »

I want to know whether my liver is in bad condition.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male. My body weight is 64.5 kg and height is 5'3". My USG report shows that the liver is mildly enlarged in size (liver span is 123 mm), but has normal shape and outline. There is a mild diffuse homogenous increase of hepatic parenchymal echogenicity suggesting mild f...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The liver is a workhouse for metabolism of protein and fat (lipids). When there is an excess of lipid in your blood than the capacity to metabolize by the liver, the excessive lipids start to accumulate in hepatic cells known as fatty liver. This is an ongoing process, if...  Read Full »

My mother is weak after a surgery. Please suggest a diet plan for her recovery.

Query: Hello doctor,My mother had undergone a laparoscopy assisted vaginal hysterectomy two months ago. She is 52 years old, height 5 feet and 2 inches, weight 70 kg. She does not have any other medical issues. She was advised to avoid spicy food for a month. She has fatigue, weakness, constipation and gas...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother needs a wholesome diet that is rich in protein as well as vitamins, and calcium. Start with a low-fat diet which has moderate levels of carbohydrates, but is rich in protein. Give her four small meals a day, instead of three big ones. Breakfast should inclu...  Read Full »

I am fatigued and have extreme mood swings. Is it due to my thyroid levels?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past six months, I was severely fatigued and had unstable mood swings. At my regular check up, I found out my T4 levels are borderline. I think T3 is normal, but not optimal. Here are the levels: TSH 1.73 (0.45 to 4.5) T3 2.7 (1.4 to 4.4) T4 0.83 (0.8 to 1.8) My general phys...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and understand your concerns. From what you have mentioned, it appears that you have a normal thyroid function test results. There is no need to take any medications at all. Even if you are planning a pregnancy, this result means that you do not...  Read Full »

Can vitamin D3 deficiency cause pain in different parts of my body?

Query: Hi, I am a 41 year old male weighing 79 kg. I have vitamin D3 deficiency for the past two years and for which I had Vitamin D3 tablets for three months. Since one year I have pain in my arms, fingers and many parts of the body. Please go through my attached test reports and advice some treatme...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  After going through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your Vitamin D level is very low, and lipid profile is minimally deranged. I suggest you try taking the following medicines. Consult with your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her ...  Read Full »

My recent reports showed high levels of TSH and cholesterol. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently got a full body check-up done, and I discovered that I have several deficiencies, which include vitamin D, Vitamin B12, iron, and folic acid. Also, my TSH and cholesterol levels are high. I do not like nonvegetarian food and milk. Is it fine if I start Nutrilite D and Nutrilite...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You can take these multivitamin supplements. Your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is mildly elevated, it does not need any treatment if it is below 10, unless you are pregnant or planning...  Read Full »