Q. I have liver hemangioma, and it is causing pain and discomfort in the stomach. Kindly help me.

Dr. Bhavin Bhupendra Vasavada
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 23, 2021 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2021

A 47-year-old male of height 170 cms, weight 74 kgs with normal BP and sugar level, has discomfort in stomach, particularly right-hand side after meals feeling of heaviness for last four months. Presently not taking any medicines. The bowel movement is timely in 15 minutes to 30 minutes after wake up without any discomfort. Found benign hemangioma in the liver during CT scan or ultrasound. I have enclosed the reports and prescriptions. Is it risky to carry this tumor? What kind of risk is there? What are the precautions to be taken? What medication or treatment should be given? Kindly give your opinion.

#

Welcome to icliiq.com.

I have gone through your report (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). Your pain is most likely due to hemangioma only. Hemangioma are benign tumors that generally do not cause any harm. They require surgical removal when pain is severe. If pain is bothering you should go for surgery. With hemangioma of your rise, there is a very rare possibility of rupture, which can be serious if it happens, for that also surgery is required, but chances of rupture are not that common. If pain is bothering you, my advice would be to get it removed by an expert liver surgeon. For pain medication, you can take any over-the-counter pain medications like tablet Dolo 650 (Paracetamol) or tablet Ultracet (Tramadol Hydrochloride and Acetaminophen) 50 mg, up to three times a day, whenever pain is bothering you.

I hope this was helpful.

|