Liver Transplant

There is fluid in abdomen with back pain and low BP in a hepatitis B patient. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is suffering from hepatitis B and currently his medication is going on. Medicines are: Entaliv 0.5 mg, Reheptin, Pantodac L, Livoluk 15 a day, Ulyses 300, Norflox 400, Lasilactone once a day, Lket trice a day. Also, tapoing is doing. Condition- Fluid in abdomen, back pain, low ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you must be very upset about your father's health. Form history and medication history, it seems he has liver cirrhosis. In other words it is called scarring of liver, shrunken liver, or chronic liver disease. Well the medications he is on, and rec...  Read Full »

There is a six-month waitlist for liver transplant. What are our options?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother, 46, has ALD cirrhosis. He was admitted to a hospital. Day-6 now. And is undergoing withdrawal and other treatment. MELD score is 22-24; ammonia 40 (down from 70). Low platelets, lot of bruises from falling pre-admittance. Signs of advanced hepatic encephalopathy. Treatment...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, you need to understand that alternative therapies do not work in acute severe states. You can consider them later once he recovers. At this point of time, apart from medical management that is already being done, you can discuss with your doctor for liver as...  Read Full »

Dad is in ICU with chronic liver disease. Is there a way to revive his liver?

Query: Respected doctor,My father is suffering from a chronic liver disease. I have attached his case summary with this query. He is in the ICU for the last four days. As per the doctor, my father may remain in this state for an indefinite period of time because his liver is not functioning. So, I want to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the records, he is suffering from stage-3 liver disease, that is an end-stage liver disease. His current problems need to be medically supported. This will result in temporary improvement of his condition. However, issues like infection, blood loss, fluid accumu...  Read Full »

How long does a patient with hepatopulmonary syndrome last if not treated?

Query: Hello doctor, What is hepatopulmonary syndrome? How long does a patient with hepatopulmonary syndrome last if not treated? Do patients with hepatopulmonary syndrome get treated easily?  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Hepatopulmonary syndrome is a syndrome of shortness of breath associated with hypoxemia (low oxygen levels in the blood of arteries). This is caused by vasodilation of blood vessels in the lungs in patients with liver disease. If liver tr...  Read Full »