Localized Periodontitis

Why are my gums numb and receding behind the two front teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old female. I have numbness behind my lower front two tooth with a toothache. It seems to be receding. I have this issue for two or three days. I have tried using Hydrogen peroxide with mouthwash. I scrubbed inside my tooth using it. I believe that it occurred due to poor ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly upload an image to see the condition of your tooth. For now, use Betadine mouthwash for gargling. You can take tablet Metrogyl ER (Metronidazole) one tablet twice daily for five days. Use Rexidine M forte gel for gum massage. Do not use Hydrogen peroxide. Ora...  Read Full »

I have pain in the gums of molar tooth. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing gum pain on a back molar. I am trying to catch it before it becomes an abscess. Please help. I am currently on Levothyroxine.  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry for the pain you are bearing. Though I needed more details and a photograph, what type of pain is it? Is it only around the gums or in the tooth also? If it is only in the gums means there is some periodontal problem maybe some food has got stuck up there. Do y...  Read Full »

My bottom teeth have receded. How can I fix this without a gum graft?

Query: Hello doctor, The dentist said I should get my bottom two front teeth looked at by a periodontal expert but I wanted to get a second opinion first. My bottom teeth have receded due to having a tongue ring previously. How can I fix this without doing a bridge and gum grafting? The doctor also said th...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and here is what I suggest you. It is not necessary to pull your teeth out but you need to have your tongue ring removed. The probable cause for your problem may be a mechanical recession by the tongue ring. The probable diagnosis can ...  Read Full »