Q. My gums are numb and are receding behind the two front teeth. Why?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 16, 2020
Gender: Female
Age: 19
Weight: 320
Problem: Gum/Mouth problems
Symptoms: Numbness behind my two front teeth, aches, receding.

I had this problem for 2 or 3 days. my gums are numb and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I have tried using Hydrogen peroxide and Mouthwash and scrubbed inside my teeth.

I think this mostly has to do with my poor dental hygiene. I haven't brushed my teeth enough as I should have and I'm starting to feel the effects of it but i'm not sure how else I should treat the problem at home and I'm worried to go to the doctor due to the current outbreak. is there anything I could do?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentistry Endodontist
#

Hello, Welcome to ICLINIQ.

This is your Dentist - I went through your query . As a Specialist I would like to help . But for that reason I would like to see whats actually causing you the inconvenience . I can understand how painful and uncomfortable its been . Donot worry I will help it ease.

For now:

• Betadine mouthwash gargle in luke warm water.
  • Tab Metrogyl ER 1 tab bd x 5 days .
  • Rexidine M Forte gel (gum massage ).
  • Do-not rinse with Hydrogen Peroxide . Never.
  • Oral mucosa is too soft to handle that harsh insult.
  • -You will be needing a Scaling and Oral prophylaxis.

Rest when I see the image ,so kindly Upload. I will be waiting ,so kindly upload the image (back portion of lower tooth) as soon as convenient.

Tartar and stain

Gingivitis with localised periodontitis with respect to lower tooth.

First I would need tla confirmation first .

Avoid sticky or sweet or chilled food items.

Feel free, let me know if any further query . Follow up after 3 days .
But first - Upload the image to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope to ease our discomfort soon . Kindly follow the advice . You will be fine . Am confident .
Have a Good day Ma'am.
Thanks for choosing ICLINIQ.

|