Q. I want a chiropractor's opinion about my lower back pain.

Answered by Dr. James F Geiselman.

Do you have a question on Low Back Pain or Back Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I injured my back at work after lifting, pushing, and pulling boxes. The boxes weighed up to 75 lbs. I was diagnosed with sprain or strain of the lower lumbar spine. The pain varies from time to time. It happened a month ago, and I have had physical therapy for three weeks. The pain goes from the lower spine to the right lower part of the back, the abdomen, the groin, and leg. At first, the pain shot halfway between the hip and the knee. It got to the point of the knee, and then tonight I felt it go down to my ankle. At first, neither standing nor sitting helped, now sitting helps better. I have had three muscle relaxer injections and two steroid injections since this happened. I was on Ibuprofen 800 mg, thrice for three weeks. I was on Tramadol and Cyclobenzaprine for a week. I was also prescribed Metaxalone 800 mg, for three times a day. For a week, I was prescribed to take it two times a day. I have been prescribed to take extra-strength Tylenol and Gabapentin. I have been using ice and heat as directed since this happened and placed on lifting no more than 30 lbs, push or pull no more than 60 lbs and sitting 50 %. The pain is still present today, so I took my first dose of Gabapentin and Prednisolone. I need a second opinion.