Q. What are the reasons for left side hip pain?

Dr. Bharat Patodiya
Published on Nov 26, 2016

I have some pain on the left side just above my hip bone. It started recently after I finished my period and it has been there for a few days. It is very much uncomfortable and hurts when there is pressure on it.

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Oncology
#

• The pain seems not to be related to the periods.
  • If the pain is more towards the back, then it is likely muscular. In that case, muscle relaxant should help like Tolperisone 450 once a day for five days.
  • If it is more on the side, then it could be a referred pain of ureteric stone.  You may get an x-ray and CT KUB (kidney, ureter and urinary bladder) for the same.
  • However, I am not sure if there is radiation of the pain down. If pain is radiating in nature, then it is more likely to be neurological in origin. It needs further evaluation with MRI spine.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Are my joint pain, depression, and Lyme disease related?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I visited my primary doctor's office, but he was on vacation. I was seen by a nurse practitioner. My main complaint is leg swelling, joint pain, and stomach aches. She asked me to do a series of lab tests and to return a week and a half later. When I went back, she told me that...  Read Full »

I feel an irritation of the nerve over the left temple. Is it a neurological or dental problem?

Query: Hello doctor, From the past three months, I am having pain like irritation of the nerve on the left side exactly on the temple of the head, and in the left jaw in front of the ear. This pain radiates to the back of the ear, below the left jaw, and then radiates to the left side of the neck. The pain...  Read Full »

Why is there a muscle tension in my shoulders, arms, and hands?

Query: Hello doctor, I have problems with clear thinking. When I am in a wrong position, there will be tension in my shoulders and arms, and in my face muscles, but also I cannot think clearly anymore. It is like a blackout. When I bend my head forward for a few seconds, my body reacts with sweating, rapi...  Read Full »