Q. What are the reasons for left side hip pain?

Dr. Bharat Patodiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2020

I have some pain on the left side just above my hip bone. It started recently after I finished my period and it has been there for a few days. It is very much uncomfortable and hurts when there is pressure on it.

#

• The pain seems not to be related to the periods.
  • If the pain is more towards the back, then it is likely muscular. In that case, muscle relaxant should help like Tolperisone 450 once a day for five days.
  • If it is more on the side, then it could be a referred pain of ureteric stone.  You may get an x-ray and CT KUB (kidney, ureter and urinary bladder) for the same.
  • However, I am not sure if there is radiation of the pain down. If pain is radiating in nature, then it is more likely to be neurological in origin. It needs further evaluation with MRI spine.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|