Q. My CT scan done for back issues revealed a kidney stone. What should I do?

On a thoracic lumbar CT scan performed early this month, the radiologist found a 5 mm non-obstructive stone.

#

• You need not worry as the kidney stone is small in size and non-obstructive.
  • No medicines are required at all. Just drink plenty of fluids and the stone would pass easily.

I hope it helps you. If you have any further queries, please ask me.

For more information consult a nephrologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

I do appreciate all your help. Can I ask you about the thoracic lumbar findings?

#

I do not find any major reason to worry based on your MRI findings.

• However, you have to tell me the symptoms for which this MRI was performed. Any MRI needs to be co-related clinically as even the MRI of an asymptomatic person can show slight disc problems.

I hope it helps. Revert with the details for a better help.

Revert with more information to a nephrologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

I do appreciate all your help. Since the last three months, I have been complaining of a discomfort in the right side of my back, and in some occasions, my hands get slightly numb. Chest rays, KUB, and abdominal sonogram were normal. I was really worried because I used to be very healthy and at work, I stand eight hours a day.

#

• As such, there is no compression in your report. Moreover, the positive findings do not correlate with your symptoms.
  • If your pain or numbness radiates to your hands, the compression has to be in the cervical spine and not in the lumbar spine. An L5S1 radicular pain would cause pain and numbness in the legs.
  • So, my recommendations would be to go for a cervical physiotherapy and Vitamin B12 shots. Vitamin B12 deficiency can also cause numbness symptoms.

I hope it helps you. If you have any further query please ask me.

|