Q. My CT scan done for back issues revealed a kidney stone. What should I do?

Published on Sep 06, 2017

On a thoracic lumbar CT scan performed early this month, the radiologist found a 5 mm non-obstructive stone.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

• You need not worry as the kidney stone is small in size and non-obstructive.
  • No medicines are required at all. Just drink plenty of fluids and the stone would pass easily.

I hope it helps you. If you have any further queries, please ask me.

For more information consult a nephrologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

I do appreciate all your help. Can I ask you about the thoracic lumbar findings?

#

I do not find any major reason to worry based on your MRI findings.

• However, you have to tell me the symptoms for which this MRI was performed. Any MRI needs to be co-related clinically as even the MRI of an asymptomatic person can show slight disc problems.

I hope it helps. Revert with the details for a better help.

Revert with more information to a nephrologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

I do appreciate all your help. Since the last three months, I have been complaining of a discomfort in the right side of my back, and in some occasions, my hands get slightly numb. Chest rays, KUB, and abdominal sonogram were normal. I was really worried because I used to be very healthy and at work, I stand eight hours a day.

#

• As such, there is no compression in your report. Moreover, the positive findings do not correlate with your symptoms.
  • If your pain or numbness radiates to your hands, the compression has to be in the cervical spine and not in the lumbar spine. An L5S1 radicular pain would cause pain and numbness in the legs.
  • So, my recommendations would be to go for a cervical physiotherapy and Vitamin B12 shots. Vitamin B12 deficiency can also cause numbness symptoms.

I hope it helps you. If you have any further query please ask me.

Can chest pain result from vitamin B12 deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I have been diagnosed with a vitamin B12 deficiency and I am taking medicines from last month. I have a slight pain in the left side of my chest and also below my chest. My ECG is normal.  Read Full »

How to treat a 4 mm kidney stone?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old man, 280 lbs. I have a 4 mm kidney stone that I went to the ER for on 12th last month because of the pain. The CT scan said "A 3 x 4 mm calculus is present in the proximal left ureter at the level of L3. There is mild dilation of the proximal left ureter and renal pe...  Read Full »

What is the role of calcium in blocking blood vessels?Is it reversible?

Query: Hi doctor, My medical condition, background information, current lifestyle and medications are as follows: My cardiac calcium score was over 4,500 before four years and is now over 9,400. Angioplasty before six months revealed mid right coronary artery stenosis of less than 50% and diffused LAD 20%-...  Read Full »

Ask a Nephrologist Now