Q. My little child has fever and low WBC count. Can it be dengue fever?

Answered by Dr. Preeti Puranik and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Low Wbc Count or Dengue? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My 3 years and 6 months old daughter was suffering from a fever of about 100 to 102 for the past three days. She had rashes throughout her whole body. We had blood tests performed and the results were negative for dengue. But, the WBC and the platelet count reduced gradually in the last two days. Today, her WBC count is 3500 cells/cubic millimeter and her platelet count was 1,30,000 cells/cubic millimeter. She is having normal regular activities. What could be the reason for the reduction in her WBC and her platelet count? I need your help.