Q. What is the cause for low platelet count?

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Low Platelet Count or Complete Blood Count? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: What is the cause for low platelet count?

God blessed me with a baby boy before three months. This is my second child. I faced many problems such as diabetes, before two years back. I had low platelet counts before six months when I took a test for CBC. Three days before delivery, my platelet count was 44000 per microliter of blood. My doctor suggests me to go for a blood transfusion for delivery. Before delivery, I took three units. After delivery, I took one unit of blood, my platelet count was 172000 per microliter of blood. After a month when I took a test for CBC, my platelet count was 72000 per microliter of blood. I experienced a headache and fever for a few days. I take one Paracetamol tablet in the night. What can I do? Please suggest.