Q. I have fever, red rashes, and low platelet count. Is it dengue fever?

Answered by Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Viral Fever or Viral Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 25 year old female, who weighs 24 kg and 5.3 feet tall. I have had a fever since last week. The fever was between 38 to 40o C. I also had headaches and lower back pain. Today I got tested for dengue, but that was negative. However, on my torso, neck, and face, there are these red rashes. The rashes are not itchy and flat, and they appear to be under the skin. Also, my platelet count was 79,000. I am currently taking Ibuprofen. I was wondering if it is possible that I tested too early for dengue and that it is possible that it is still dengue. If it is however not dengue, what could it be? Please advise. What to do?